GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DBV2 TIP experience

FB-GTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW GTI -> Golf R
Because if you rotate the TIP so that the front of the arm are parallel the tabs would line up. That’s how it would be when installed.
Look at the clock position of the tabs between the product @ShagginGSW received and the examples @El_bigote_AJ posted. The tab that should be almost directly across from the arm is not close on the one shaggin received.

The picture of the elbow installed shows it is correctly installed, the port for the PCV line extends nearly straight up when the elbow is clocked into the final position. If that elbow continued to rotate counter-clockwise to engage that other tab (not possible since the securing arm won't allow that to happen) the port for the PCV would get close to interfering with the plug for the DV.

ShagginGSW

Go Kart Newbie
I have. So you're saying that Daniel Bogues is the Devil? That's a bold statement and don't see how he's the Devil because of your TIP. But whatever, you can't please everybody. I'm only speaking from personal experience becasue everything that I've bought from him has been top quality and has never given me an issue.
I'll grant that it's a bit dramatic and hyperbolic.

ShagginGSW

Go Kart Newbie
You know, every company will have a minor mishape every now and then. It's not like this was a maor problem and out of all the forum members on here that have his TIP, you are the first to mention something is wrong with the design. When you first installed it, did you angle it in with the locking arm as far back, towards the firewall, that you could get it?
Not everything can be perfect, however it was said these are built on a jig, this one could not have been as it isn't even close. My real issue with this experience was that from the get go I was basically told I installed it wrong, there was never an apology for sending out an unusable product and then when I had lost confidence in their ability to make a solid piece I was told I could get another, or I could get a 75% refund because it was 6 months old, regardless of being obviously defective. I am sure they make good products sometimes but in this case they fell short unfortunately.

ShagginGSW

Go Kart Newbie
MST and Chris from the forum came in clutch with a one off TIP that fit my turbo.
20220429_093050.jpg
20220429_093045.jpg

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Damn.. so baller. Glad MST could come through with a custom clock TIP to fit your one-off clocked turbo inlet. I gotta be honest... I thought the DBV2 pipe was just made wrong..

But who knew.. There are differently clocked IS38s out there.

OR ARE THERE!??! Probably not!

ShagginGSW

Go Kart Newbie
Damn.. so baller. Glad MST could come through with a custom clock TIP to fit your one-off clocked turbo inlet. I gotta be honest... I thought the DBV2 pipe was just made wrong..

But who knew.. There are differently clocked IS38s out there.

OR ARE THERE!??! Probably not!
I know for certain mine is 360° out.