GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DBV2 TIP experience

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I think you installed it wrong man. That looks like a quality piece from where I'm sitting, and I think one of two 3" TIP's? The other being IE.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I don’t know… from the OPs pic and the various I found on dans page this this seems like the cnc or whatever cut this thing wrong.
3FE6DBE2-595A-4F40-9510-D5AA56DCA19D.jpeg

D098757D-3069-4975-BFED-CAA677EF23A9.jpeg

E3BD806E-0EAE-48CE-A982-F4C41F42CC62.jpeg

B539FA6B-7E64-40C5-A495-92732D1902BD.jpeg

Also I don’t see how the theory that it’s clocked wrong for the installed… that tab can only be on the wrong side by saying it being infront of the the turbos mounting tab and if that was the case it would spin counter clockwise like 3/8” and that tab still wouldn’t line up.

1235AF35-8425-4C6A-85DB-FCC776AC0741.jpeg

FB-GTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW GTI -> Golf R
I don’t know… from the OPs pic and the various I found on dans page this this seems like the cnc or whatever cut this thing wrong.
View attachment 247555
View attachment 247553
View attachment 247554
View attachment 247556
Also I don’t see how the theory that it’s clocked wrong for the installed… that tab can only be on the wrong side by saying it being infront of the the turbos mounting tab and if that was the case it would spin counter clockwise like 3/8” and that tab still wouldn’t line up.

View attachment 247557
The tabs you've circled look to be in different positions between the sample in question and the other examples. The tab on the one with the problem looks to be at about 100 degrees from the mounting arm, and the other two are at about 140 degrees. That would explain the tab not locking in place in the installed photo.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Because if you rotate the TIP so that the front of the arm are parallel the tabs would line up. That’s how it would be when installed.

Attachments

• B372D4DC-55C9-428C-B863-D03367F3CA1F.jpeg
    B372D4DC-55C9-428C-B863-D03367F3CA1F.jpeg
    219.8 KB · Views: 53

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs

ShagginGSW

Go Kart Newbie
Because he doesn’t trust their QA.
Because I don't trust their QC. I am still trying to figure out how it was installed wrong, since that seems to be at least 50% of the comments. If the mounting arm was up against the turbo, from behind, like stock, and was tightened down how else could it have been installed?

ShagginGSW

Go Kart Newbie
Ill be installing the MST I received in the parking lot this morning-ish. If that doesn't fit then I would concede I obviously don't know how to install a TIP.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Because if you rotate the TIP so that the front of the arm are parallel the tabs would line up. That’s how it would be when installed.
From the OPs picture… how’s that theory work based on this image? We can see 2 tabs/locks visible from this image - I know considering we cannot see the arm we cannot confirm that it’s flush against the turbos bolt hole tab as the OP said, but since we see both tabs clocking the tip which way would result in the 2of3 visible tabs to lining up?
FF05304D-41D2-41D9-A9BA-36BDF86A2328.jpeg

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Because I don't trust their QC. I am still trying to figure out how it was installed wrong, since that seems to be at least 50% of the comments. If the mounting arm was up against the turbo, from behind, like stock, and was tightened down how else could it have been installed?
You know, every company will have a minor mishape every now and then. It's not like this was a maor problem and out of all the forum members on here that have his TIP, you are the first to mention something is wrong with the design. When you first installed it, did you angle it in with the locking arm as far back, towards the firewall, that you could get it?

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Never seen Legend with Tom Cruise and Tim Curry as the Devil?!
I have. So you're saying that Daniel Bogues is the Devil? That's a bold statement and don't see how he's the Devil because of your TIP. But whatever, you can't please everybody. I'm only speaking from personal experience becasue everything that I've bought from him has been top quality and has never given me an issue.