GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dashcam recommendations (People suck)

nosmirk

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
7.5 DSG
I was planning on having the park monitoring system available. I wonder if there is a way of just have it record when it senses something? Ill have to look more into it. Thanks!
The A119V3 does has parking, time lapse and event recording but you'll need to either wire a battery pack or hard wire. You may need to monitor car battery health if you leave it parked for a long time in a busy location. Many other mid-range cameras have similar features, you'll have to research those (i used dashcamtalk for a initial research)

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
I think in most places - especially these days, for minor things like getting backed into and the person then taking off, or having a rock thrown at you, even with the footage, cops will usually do exactly nothing especially if you can't clearly see the other person. Maybe it can help for insurance, even if there's no police assist? I only got mine to protect against major things, like the cut in front of you and then reverse into you and claim rear ended injury scam, or getting creamed by someone running a light, etc.

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
I think in most places - especially these days, for minor things like getting backed into and the person then taking off, or having a rock thrown at you, even with the footage, cops will usually do exactly nothing especially if you can't clearly see the other person. Maybe it can help for insurance, even if there's no police assist? I only got mine to protect against major things, like the cut in front of you and then reverse into you and claim rear ended injury scam, or getting creamed by someone running a light, etc.
I'm thinking if I could've caught the plate then this would be easy easier for me lol

mike-y

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI / 2016 R
I heard that this camera uses a lot of memory. Uses something huge like 32g for every 1 hour of recording. I was thinking of getting the VIOFO A119V3, which is only the front camera. I'm guessing that would reduce the memory recorded in half to 16g for every hour. Still sounds like a lot though.
I'm currently recording at 2560x1440 resolution, and a 3 minute clip is 570,000kb. I have a 64gb card in the camera, so I get 6+ hours worth of clips saved before it starts over-writing them. since my commute is about 25 minutes or so, I have a few days of driving saved on the card at all times.