GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dashcam and dealership experience.

dead_catz

Ready to race!
I took my car in for 20k service and diagnose a bad window switch. I went to pick up the car and had a couple dings on brand new wheels. I told them I wanted to talk to someone about this before I left. I was told Mike was at lunch and would call me. Never got a call.. Go in 4 weeks later for repair of switch, I see mike talking shit about the wheel with a buddy on dash cam, SO he knew and never called. Then he sees the dash cam talks shit about that which apparently he did not know they had parking modes, and then shit about my headlight clear lens covers to prevent oxidation of expensive bixenons. Anywho This begins when I arrive i'm straight forward and just ask for no car wash as its raining this week and last time it delayed my pick up 30 minutes or so. He said "oh its free we just run it through the wash real quick", I tell him nah its good. He writes on the paperwork "NO CAR WASH!" right in front of me, I thought the (!) was odd but whatever. I call 8 hours later and get ignored dodged and hung up on by mike and is coworker. So i forced a front desk receptionist to go track down if my car was ready for pickup, mike immediately calls who was "busy with a customer" and tells me they messed up my door panel. Because of the damage i decide to check out the dash cam. Two people (including mike) revved my car 3-5 times one while saying "chu like that " whatever rev it not to big of a deal, it does sound sexii with all that high dollar rsc technology lawl. Anyway After the repair it shows mike hopping into my car and says "this guys is so freakin particular about his car i had to put a note for no car wash." Well i pick the car up and he immediately says "OH man this door panel is gonna cost us big time!". I was like it sucks but people make mistakes. I get in the car and see a big sticky note on the rear view he left for me "NO CAR WASH!"

So now I have to take my car back in two weeks to get this stupid door panel installed. These guys seem so cool and are so two faced for no reason jerks behind my back. Do I have any options or do I have to take it to this dealer to get it repaired? I have already decided for 30k I am driving 2 hours away to another dealer. Sorry for the butchered angry rant.

Also after thought, but the damage was done because they were trying to pry off the honeycomb trim of door panel that has nothing to do with door panel removal.......

Last edited:

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
That was a difficult read. Are you saying you caught him doing/saying all this shit on your dash cam? I would demand to speak to his manager and also report it to VWOA.

dead_catz

Ready to race!
I am having trouble clearly stating what all happened past, future, present and on cam. Most shit talking is clearly there to me by past events, random words, and body motion. However this might not be clear to VWOA due to audio limitations. He is however definitely unprofessional in the sense that he leaves notes in my car on purpose after stating clearly that i'm freaking particular about my car because I refused a free car wash. In addition to this they clearly have no regard for my car by revving it several times while cold and damaging the door panel by removing the wrong pieces.

This is Garlyn Shelton in College Station. They dented in my fathers BMW m coupe and tried to pass it off as previous damage before admitting it. I am confident the only reason this incident was reported is because they know I am "freaking particular" and give the car a good scan before I leave.

Last edited:

Michael58121

Go Kart Champion
I had somthing similar like that. I took my car to my local VW dealership for a oil change. And they told me it would take awhile because there was 2 cars ahead of mine so i said OK thats fine. So i told them i would leave it there then come back in an hour to pick it up. So when i left i had this weird feeling to stay around the dealership, so what i did was tell my brother to park on the other side of the freeway and park at the gas station for a bit. Well, not ever 10 mins i see my car going under the freeway and another workers race car right behind mine.....and yup they race my car!!! Little did they know i had my gopro on and i got the hole thing recording. So i went back about 30 min later and they told me everything was good and it was ready. I told them if they took my car for a joy ride and they said no all we did was a oil change. So i asked them again, and still denied it. So i asked for the manager and told him what happened, he told me they would never do somthing like that. So i showed them the video and they were in shocked.

Michael58121

Go Kart Champion
Yup, so after that i never taken it back to them for anything. Its like if you wanna see if the car is fast just ask and ill take you for a ride i wouldnt have had a problem doing that. We in the end the fired that guy. I dont feel bad for him shouldn't have not done that, i work hard for my car and to have someone take it like that.

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
If you have video evidence, talk to the manager

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

blue_mkvi_gti

Ready to race!
This is why you always go to an independent. The dealerships are run just like any other big business, they don't pay their help shit and work them until they don't give a fuck. In the future do some research and fine your local vw guru. You'll support a small business, probably pay less (I would happily pay more) and never deal with this bull shit again.

Rascal

Ready to race!
I don't know why I continued reading this. Simple solution - don't go back to these idiots. Why even waste time writing all that :iono:

dead_catz

Ready to race!
It is warranty work replacing a switch, blinker switch, bent rear hatch inner panel and a scratched glass from production. That is why I went to the dealer. I don't want to spend thousands more after I already shoveled out 29 grand on a car. I have little choice until my warranty is up next year . I don't need a vw guru or a shop, I am capable of doing just about whatever needs to be done here in my garage using the vast amount of information on this forum.
Would anyone confront the guy who was being kind of a dick with this footage first or just ignore him, fill out a negative dealer survey and deal with manager?

Last edited:

KO7

Ready to race!
Previous car, my dashcam caught a lot boy joyriding my car for no reason. Same dealership left a McDonalds fry wrapper in my footwell.

Previous car again, guy who retrofitted bi-xenons took my car out for a drive with his girlfriend (during the day, so not testing the lights).

After those two experiences, I always keep the dashcam running in the GTI for service. The dealership I take it to now has either put green tape over the windshield where the camera is, or has unplugged my dashcam. Why the lack of transparency? What are they afraid of if they're doing their jobs properly?

zrickety

The Fixer
You hit the nail on the head... They aren't doing a proper job. I refuse to bring my car to anyone except for tire installs, even that is usually sub par.