GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dash lit up like a Christmas tree, all errors under the sun. Turned off car, now it won't start. Turns on, but immediately turns off. Immobilizer?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So a buddy of mine gave me a call this morning. Was driving his car (2017 GTI) to work, and he got every warning light and error under the sun randomly on his dash. Pulled into a parking lot, turned the car off. Went to turn it back on, and it turns over and starts, but then immediately turns off.

I came out to help, and here's what we've tried. Unhooking the battery for about 10 minutes. Jumping the battery. Changing the key fob battery. Doing the key fob reset procedure of sticking it in the door lock openit and holding the unlock button. OBD port won't read an OBD11, says to turn the ignition on, which it is. Still get lights and warning on the dash. Just won't turn on.

Waiting on a tow now. He's thinking something tripped the immobilizer somehow, because it'll start, but immediately shuts off.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
#ParkingBuddies

20211221_105243.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Bro you gotta put (not my car) in the title or something. I thought it was your car 😅

Either way though that sucks. Electrical gremlins are #dealerproblems

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Bro you gotta put (not my car) in the title or something. I thought it was your car 😅

Either way though that sucks. Electrical gremlins are #dealerproblems
I thought the same thing. Went in thinking that Acadia's engine blew and then read the first post and was disappointed. ;)

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Sorry to disappoint it's not my car 🤣

He has the same aftermarket digital dash that I do, that shows the battery voltage on it at all times (for whatever reason). It might have had the jumpers on it when I glanced at it, because it was definitely higher than 12.6. I wasn't out there checking it with a multimeter.

We were going to try swapping batteries from my car into his just to rule it out, but at that point we were back at his place and he had to hop on some meetings.

It's the bizarrassed thing. When you hop in and go to turn it on, it turns over and starts. It gives pretty much every error possible on the dash, brake errors, lighting errors, shock errors, etc... It cycles through like 10 of them. It will run for about one whole second, and then just shut down.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Oh, and tried his spare key once we were back at his place. Same thing.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Did you scan the car?