GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dammit!

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
I posted a picture I got from a friend of mine about the TB1 code regarding the possible detection of piggybacks.

This was news to me as I'm no longer active on this site. But I was promptly updated by a member on the GTI side that it's been known since 2016 :eek:

I just deleted the picture since I didn't know how to delete a thread :D

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
I posted a picture I got from a friend of mine about the TB1 code regarding the possible detection of piggybacks.

This was news to me as I'm no longer active on this site. But I was promptly updated by a member on the GTI side that it's been known since 2016 :eek:

I just deleted the picture since I didn't know how to delete a thread :D

To date no one in a dealership has even seen that document.
At the time we scanned all the bulletins to see if it can be found but it seems this was made up by someone that didn't have the greatest intentions.
Also what is interesting to note is the document says that flashed cars will reflect a X at the end of the hardware version of the ECU which also never happened ever.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
To date no one in a dealership has even seen that document.
At the time we scanned all the bulletins to see if it can be found but it seems this was made up by someone that didn't have the greatest intentions.
Also what is interesting to note is the document says that flashed cars will reflect a X at the end of the hardware version of the ECU which also never happened ever.

I have the link of you responding to that FB picture, George. The JB1 is now back on my "to-buy" list haha.

It freaked me out, but didn't notice the date stamp of the message of 2016