GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Daks' GTI

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Found out I bent one of my RSE12's when I smashed a pothole last year. Too bad. I don't get a vibration or anything, so not really in a rush to replace it, but I called to ask how much one rim would cost. Apparently prices went up and they want $700CAD/wheel. Fuck that, I say. I can get a brand new set of SuperSpeeds for 900. And with my newly found love for the GTI, I'm thinking:

Rims.JPG

Fuck it. Yolo?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I gotta side with the D man. Not a fan of red wheels on a white car. Come to think of it, I can't think of any car I'm a fan of red wheels on. But it's a cosmetic item, and only what you think matters.

Superspeed RF06RR's are dope though.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Now you could always go for Rota Grids. Those come in a 17x9 which is nice. Not light wheels, but also not crazy heavy. Around 20 pounds.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Found out I bent one of my RSE12's when I smashed a pothole last year. Too bad. I don't get a vibration or anything, so not really in a rush to replace it, but I called to ask how much one rim would cost. Apparently prices went up and they want $700CAD/wheel. Fuck that, I say. I can get a brand new set of SuperSpeeds for 900. And with my newly found love for the GTI, I'm thinking:

View attachment 274503

Fuck it. Yolo?
Your car is white, ya? I've seen other GTI's with red rims and while it may not be my personal choice they do look good

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
black again? just keep the old ones then
One is bent and it bothers me. This may be a next year thing. Trying to get some discussion going on the forum. Slow day - the sparkplug threads are back up, you know you're in the shits when we're there again.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Wouldn't mind a set of 18x9 PF05RR.

1677617734932.png

RF06RR come in 17x9 and I wouldn't mind down-sizing, but man, why they gotta come only in ET38? Bit too much poke IMO.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI

View attachment 274503

Fuck it. Yolo?
Embrace the inner ricer. Be loud.

.....but honestly you'll probably hate them after a month because they're too damn loud. It'll be like the exhaust all over again.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Blue
Not my car.
P8290594.jpg

jawndropper

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
If anyone knows something that looks close to these OEM rims, do let me know:

View attachment 274534
1677642139065.png
1677642623970.png

hard to tell without a better shot. never seen those before. TSW Sebring is kind of similar with the 5 Y spokes ontop and 2 spokes going straight through each Y.
Doubt you'll find anything with that color combo though. and by the time you get another set painted it might just be cheaper to get the real ones.
OEM Part number is 5G0.071.499. .YA5 "19 inch light alloy Twinspoke Red Edition 7,5 x 19 offset 51" https://www.realvolkswagenparts.com/oem-parts/volkswagen-wheel-5g0071499ya5

Last edited: