GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Daks' GTI

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
This will be solved, one way or another. In the absolute worst case, I shift at 6500; whoopty doo. Jetta - never. I'd jump into a MK7.5 or go back into a Honda. That new civic Type R has me throwing my eyes at it.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Remind me again the reason to rev that high?? 99% of the time I shift right before 6500..

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
This will be solved, one way or another. In the absolute worst case, I shift at 6500; whoopty doo. Jetta - never. I'd jump into a MK7.5 or go back into a Honda. That new civic Type R has me throwing my eyes at it.
Don't you fucking do it! I'll come up to Canada and give you permanent mushroom welts right on your fucking forehead and both cheeks.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Yeah. It shouldn't be 14.7 at full load.
Matt said it's normal behavior when the car triggers the epc. That's the result and that's why I feel that the car runs out of breath. The quest continues.

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Matt said it's normal behavior when the car triggers the epc. That's the result and that's why I feel that the car runs out of breath. The quest continues.
Damn. It’s very consistent. Seems like if you had a ground issue it would be more sporadic. Are you getting an EPC? Code?

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Damn. It’s very consistent. Seems like if you had a ground issue it would be more sporadic. Are you getting an EPC? Code?
Epc every time. Cel sometimes. Cyl 3 misfire. Last night though a litany of codes came on, intake manifold, throttle body, etc.... Cleared them and they never come back during regular driving. Cylinder turns off as well apparently. It's like the car goes. Nah b, fuck it, I'm done.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I think the issue is something gets thrown off when I'm revving this high up. When I was IS20, no issues, never really spun it past 6k. I started getting the same problem and feeling of car bogging down at 6700 as soon as I started the tuning process. Below 6700 the thing is a riot.

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
🤔 interesting. It seems you looked into everything I can think of, Which would be
Spark Plugs
Coil packs
Ground wires
Fuel reaching it's limit
Guess I'll be following this until it's figured out.