GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Daks' GTI

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
There’s a guy on FB that I bought my grounding kit for. $85 + shipping. No issues.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
There’s a guy on FB that I bought my grounding kit for. $85 + shipping. No issues.

Same guy who did mine. I believe he got tired of getting harassed by Dave and is no longer making them.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
$135 + shipping for 5 wires and 5 connectors is a crime. No wonder they want to shut down anyone making a competing product... it's probably all profit.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I know for a fact the materials all together are less than $10 bucks.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Boys, your iphones also don't cost $1,500 to make. It's business, who cares.
iPhones are full of patented hardware and software. But you can bet we would buy a cheaper iPhone if someone made one...

If the only way EQT can maintain charging $135 is by giving people selling them cheaper a hard time, that's not cool.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
iPhones are full of patented hardware and software. But you can bet we would buy a cheaper iPhone if someone made one...

If the only way EQT can maintain charging $135 is by giving people selling them cheaper a hard time, that's not cool.
Sure. They don't have a patent on the ground kit, the guy shouldn't have quit making it. I would have just right click blocked dave@eqt.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
In separate news, engine speed sensor has been ordered, coming tomorrow and I'll put it in on Friday. If it doesn't do the trick, $70 down the drain but I'll have a sweet new sensor.....

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
In separate news, engine speed sensor has been ordered, coming tomorrow and I'll put it in on Friday. If it doesn't do the trick, $70 down the drain but I'll have a sweet new sensor.....
I always do the simplest/cheapest fix first.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I always do the simplest/cheapest fix first.
Doesn't that annoy you though if it doesn't actually fix the problem? I would rather diagnose and spend $ once to fix it the first time.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
You don't even know if that's true or not. Sounds like Acadia doesn't even know if it's true or not, it's just what he "believes" happened
You literally heard one side of a story from someone who's not even involved in said story🤦‍♂️