GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Daks' GTI

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Putting our logs side by side, they are pretty similar, you spool a little slower, but not by a concerning amount. Difference is about 100rpms, but im also shifting higher in the RPM range. Link to my log here. Both of our downpipes are only 3", which I think is playing a big part in extending our turbo spool time. I doubt this has anything to do with our high RPM issues, but who knows. Im planning on switching to a 4" DP, though my car budget is blown this year. 😅 Car is still a blast to drive as-is and kills V8s with ease.

That said, one of these days I would like to physically check my wastegate with the DP pulled away from the turbo. I wonder if there is a way in OBD11 to command the WG to fully open and fully closed?

daks vs shift.jpg

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
Putting our logs side by side, they are pretty similar, you spool a little slower, but not by a concerning amount. Difference is about 100rpms, but im also shifting higher in the RPM range. Link to my log here. Both of our downpipes are only 3", which I think is playing a big part in extending our turbo spool time. I doubt this has anything to do with our high RPM issues, but who knows. Im planning on switching to a 4" DP, though my car budget is blown this year. 😅 Car is still a blast to drive as-is and kills V8s with ease.

That said, one of these days I would like to physically check my wastegate with the DP pulled away from the turbo. I wonder if there is a way in OBD11 to command the WG to fully open and fully closed?

View attachment 262588
When I went from catted to catless it was a night and day difference. I see why Gary says always catless for hydrids turbos and up. If I were to stay catted I would have gotten a 4".

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
When I went from catted to catless it was a night and day difference. I see why Gary says always catless for hydrids turbos and up. If I were to stay catted I would have gotten a 4".
Who is Gary?

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Railroader.

Also I don’t toon so my tuning log advice is useless.

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Alright. Well then, fuck it. Full send, shift at 6500 and bobs your uncle.
I still think something is messed up in your tune. Too coincidental that it happens at 6700 rpm every time.

I can't do catless. I have a conscience.
E85. Better for the environment 😉

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
first to get sent into the ocean by climate change, very fitting.

j/k I'm in michigan, lots of ethanol and zero inspections
Looks like we are both here for a good time not a long time 😅.

I can see Captain planet, Bill Nye and Smokey the Bear being very disappointed in me rn.