GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Daily Driven STU Setup

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Danville, VA. I was surprised when the crowd cheered the Alltrack at the end of the run. The car is such a sleeper. My skill set doesn't do it justice.

Very nice. Having a quiet, unassuming car is great. Nobody expects it to lay down good times.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Decided to make it out for the last event of the year for the the San Francisco/Sacramento region. This is a enduro event, today was just the practice. Tomorrow will be 2 runs, with a total of 5 laps for each run. Today was 4 runs, 2 laps each run.

Should be interesting.

I made a few mistakes each run, mainly the short turn around, going a little wider on some corners. Easily took the lead in STU, probably top 10 overall.

Last edited:

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Long boring video of my enduro runs.

Tires held up okay, ambient temps were 91°, overall psi went up about 5psi over what I had them set at before the run.

Took home a little award plaque as well.
10E3850A-D671-44EF-AE00-BFBBB2F6CBCC.jpeg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Yay, awards banquet night.

Think I’m done for the year. May head to Las Vegas for a Utah vs Nevada event next month, but haven’t fully committed yet.

View attachment 265982
Our region still has 1 more event. Then first event in late Jan early February. Florida problems.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
I haven't read anything that leads me to believe adding the OEM engine skid plate is prohibited in STU. Any perspective on this from others?

I'm looking to pick this up for numerous reasons, but don't want it to come into question down the road.

Maybe 13.2?
Maybe 14.6 would be a stretch? Modifying the undertray for better flow to the brakes? :unsure:
Maybe 14.10 permits this?

scrllock

Autocross Champion
13.2 doesn't seem relevant. 14.6 is for brake ducting, the under tray ducting is for the transmission. Don't see how 14.10 is relevant either.

14.2.F however:
Screen Shot 2023-01-11 at 2.15.11 PM.png

I'd just call it a "splitter" and call it a day. Make sure you get one that has the ducting (alltrack, GLI, A3 afaik technically it has to be off a golf, right?).

Last edited:
Reactions: krs

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Is it available in the VW parts catalog for your vehicle?

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
13.2 doesn't seem relevant. 14.6 is for brake ducting, the under tray ducting is for the transmission. Don't see how 14.10 is relevant either.

14.2.F however:
View attachment 270051

I'd just call it a "splitter" and call it a day. Make sure you get one that has the ducting (alltrack, GLI, A3 afaik technically it has to be off a golf, right?).

Yeah, they were probably a stretch.

This is the one on with the DSG ducting.

bfury5

Autocross Champion
I haven't read anything that leads me to believe adding the OEM engine skid plate is prohibited in STU. Any perspective on this from others?

I'm looking to pick this up for numerous reasons, but don't want it to come into question down the road.

Maybe 13.2?
Maybe 14.6 would be a stretch? Modifying the undertray for better flow to the brakes? :unsure:
Maybe 14.10 permits this?
I ran the alltrack skid plate in STH - I wouldn't see an issue in STU. Regardless of what it's called, for all intents and purposes it's non-functional from a performance perspective

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Made the driver over to the San Francisco regions first event at Crows Landing.

Terribly driving coming out of the winter months. But fun nonetheless.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Made the driver over to the San Francisco regions first event at Crows Landing.

Terribly driving coming out of the winter months. But fun nonetheless.

I was a little rusty, a few seconds out of top pax, but won class, so I'll take it.