mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Swapping on tires for race day like
1662135109702.jpeg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Lol told ya. I was shocked they didn't rub!
You have an R, they will likely rub in the right rear for me. I may have to protect my filler neck.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Self clearance?

I haven’t noticed any rub marks with mine either, but I’m not terribly low.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
So I missed all events in August due to work, but finally made it to the local club in Reno. Small venue, usually a small showing.

I dominated, was pretty happy with the car. I had the UM Haldex tune back in July, and this was the first autox since. I definitely notice a difference, I think, or it could just be because I’ve been off a course for over a month. I think I’ll have a better bead on the tune when I attend next weekends event with the San Francisco region.

323D7AD7-0EFA-40BA-9DB8-68EE70838D3D.jpeg

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
First time at Cherry Point in the Alltrack. Will definitely run here again!

So you're a janitor? Dude, take some keys off that key chain. Other than that, nice looking run.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
I have a two day event this weekend, and am wondering if I should mess with the FSB settings.

Thoughts? I’m currently running the H&R front and rear, and the front is on the middle stiffness.

I’m thinking of trying softest and hardest… see how it goes? Or maybe I’ll just leave it, not sure what I’d gain other than just knowing…

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I have a two day event this weekend, and am wondering if I should mess with the FSB settings.

Thoughts? I’m currently running the H&R front and rear, and the front is on the middle stiffness.

I’m thinking of trying softest and hardest… see how it goes? Or maybe I’ll just leave it, not sure what I’d gain other than just knowing…
If you know how it feels now, I'd totally try both harder and softer.

Reactions: krs

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
I did not get time to adjust my sway bar like I’d hoped today.

It’s been since July since I’ve used my SoloStorm and GoPro setup, and there were updates once it all connected to the internet. That messed with the connection settings, which sucked in my time in the morning trying to sort out. I should have just scrapped it all and focused on driving.

Anyways, still took first in class. Second place for the year is 560 points behind me. Each day is 200 points, so if I pull a first tomorrow that secures me lead for the year, even if I miss next months final.

Anyways, I felt a little rusty as well. This region is a corvette club, and todays wasn’t really technical. The big loop in the center I was struggling with a decent line one both ends, but was still able to pull off some good times.