GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Daily Driven STU Setup

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
For the GoPro, is video stabilization on? It should be in the settings. It automatically crops the footage to be smoother, turning it off makes for a better sense of change in direction.

Reactions: krs

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Here’s what the tech was able to get it dialed to.

I wish the rear LCA offset bushings were easier to match up, or adjust on the rack. He didn’t recommend tearing everything apart again just to try and even that out, but said be mindful of it if I’m in there for something else.

image.jpg

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Well, I registered for a two day event this weekend with the SCCA - San Francisco Region. I'll get to see how all these new changes perform. I'll probably drive like crap trying to figure it all out again.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Wow, what a great day. Can’t say I did great, but first run I was shocked at the difference the car was. Held the turns a lot better, a lot more “planted” in the corners. I was 4th out of 8 in STU, and top 30 out of 107 overall. Top three in STU have plenty of drive time, with nationals under their belt.

Really wasn’t coming here to place anywhere, just dust off the winter fat, and see what all these changes did to the car. Pretty happy, will see what tomorrow brings.

I did leave time out there by not going into 3rd gear, really should have just done that early on.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
For the GoPro, is video stabilization on? It should be in the settings. It automatically crops the footage to be smoother, turning it off makes for a better sense of change in direction.

Turning off that setting fixed the floating feeling on the camera. Thanks 👍🏼

Last edited:

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
First day at Thunderhill raceway with the Sacramento chapter. Nice day, good venue. No smoke screen, and my cc is bone dry.

I took STU for the day, out of 7. Not sure overall results yet. I was encourage to go higher with rear tire pressure, surprising how that affect is. My fast time I had psi’s at 37f and 45r.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Day two for the SFR. Was beat out by the prepped 350z by about .3, but I’ll gladly take that second place for the day. Who knows where I’m sitting overall, word on the street is this region takes forever to post results. Todays course was just a reverse of yesterdays, with some slalom tweaks.

I was getting some odd bounce around one of the back corners, but sounds like a lot of people were in the same turn. I also mounted the camera on the headrest this time, I wanted to see what I was doing for my run. Overall good day, good conversations, and a dry catchcan.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I did, so far so good.

I did develop a cylinder 4 misfire on the drive out to the event location, so that's going to be fun to figure out.
I'm glad it worked for you. It seems to be hit or miss, where did you buy yours?

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
I'm glad it worked for you. It seems to be hit or miss, where did you buy yours?

I ordered mine from FCP euro. I wonder if they have production dates on them to compare? I'll see if I can find any date stamps or marks.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I ordered mine from FCP euro. I wonder if they have production dates on them to compare? I'll see if I can find any date stamps or marks.
I still have the box mine came in, I'll see if I see anything.

Matt, where did you get yours?

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
I registered for the Pro Solo at Crows Landing, CA later this month.

Probably get worked over, but looks fun.