GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CZR's Oryx White 7R DSG

CZR

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
VW Golf V GTI Ed. 30
Thanks! Though things went smooth previous years, the last mods are the hardest but the reward is even better! :) Things go really BIG starting Monday. Hope all goes ok...

CZR

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
VW Golf V GTI Ed. 30
It's in the pictures, 5NA980611
But you will also need 5G1863391K 82V + 5G1863328D 82V + 4B0971978B (connector)
And if you don't already have the GSM antenna in the central arm rest, there's more ..
But it should also work without the GSM antenna, I think.

This is what I used as a reference (copy/pasted from another forum, don't have the link anymore)

Code:
- pin 1: Power. 0,5mm red/blue to fusebox (interconnects with same colored wire from amplifier)
- pin 2: Power on signal from infotainment unit. 0,5mm yellow/red to grey connector on infotainment unit pin 5 (interconnects with same colored wire from amplifier)
- pin 3: Data/LIN bus from infotainment unit. 0,5mm yellow/blue to grey connector on infotainment unit pin 11
- pin 4: Ground. 0,5mm brown to ground (i used another bundle of ground wires near the bottom of the A-pillar)
- pin 5: No idea what it does. 0,5mm white to 73-pin plug C pin 14 on BCM (T73c/14) (this pin is already in use if you have keyless access. in that case this goes to the Kessy control unit. Strip a piece of isolation and connect to existing wire.)
- violet fakra connector on interface to black fakra connector on amplifier

In my case, I already had 4 wires (see below picture) in the center console. From memory all I did is add the missing (5th) wire to the BCM.

These should help (click for larger res) - these are for the pre-facelift version:

Last edited:

AlexRok

Ready to race!
It's in the pictures, 5NA980611
But you will also need 5G1863391K 82V + 5G1863328D 82V + 4B0971978B (connector)
And if you don't already have the GSM antenna in the central arm rest, there's more ..
But it should also work without the GSM antenna, I think.

This is what I used as a reference (copy/pasted from another forum, don't have the link anymore)

Code:
- pin 1: Power. 0,5mm red/blue to fusebox (interconnects with same colored wire from amplifier)
- pin 2: Power on signal from infotainment unit. 0,5mm yellow/red to grey connector on infotainment unit pin 5 (interconnects with same colored wire from amplifier)
- pin 3: Data/LIN bus from infotainment unit. 0,5mm yellow/blue to grey connector on infotainment unit pin 11
- pin 4: Ground. 0,5mm brown to ground (i used another bundle of ground wires near the bottom of the A-pillar)
- pin 5: No idea what it does. 0,5mm white to 73-pin plug C pin 14 on BCM (T73c/14) (this pin is already in use if you have keyless access. in that case this goes to the Kessy control unit. Strip a piece of isolation and connect to existing wire.)
- violet fakra connector on interface to black fakra connector on amplifier

In my case, I already had 4 wires (see below picture) in the center console. From memory all I did is add the missing (5th) wire to the BCM.

These should help (click for larger res) - these are for the pre-facelift version:
This is very useful. Thank you. It definitely seems more involved than I had initially thought. Is there any benefit to this over the inbay wireless chargers? Why did you go with this over the inbay units?
Thanks again.

CZR

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
VW Golf V GTI Ed. 30
Why did you go with this over the inbay units?
Thanks again.
I'm not sure they fit a Samsung Galaxy S9+ (and be able to close the cover) and I'm also OEM fan so .. it's like OEM TPMS vs AM. Cheaper and easier to fit aftermarket but...same quality and functionality?

How much was the Intake Manifold? Do you need to run their map to make it work?
You could compare it with a turbocharger :)) Yes you do as this one runs without flaps as far as I know (or...use a tune that disables them). Will see details on Monday.
Stay tuned for a lot of upgrades :cool:

CZR

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
VW Golf V GTI Ed. 30
Ty guys! Glad you like it :)

Today was a rather *very* long day :eek:
Leaving from home...

Had to install this baby:

Turbo Technics V5

Some TTV5 vs IS38 pics:

SuperPro DSG Mount:

SuperPro Engine Mount:

... compared to OEM

Fitting the TT intake pipe (designed for RHD) on my LHD car was a total pain in the ass. After cutting and trimming, decided to build myself a pipe made of parts (Racingline's pipe was cut, TT's outlet plug towards the PCV was relocated and extra pipes were used)

If anyone has experience and could shine some light about it...could be helpful as this was only a temporary solution...

HPFP upgraded, still need to upgrade the inlet manifold, dogbone, and get the remap done (hopefully by the end of the week)

CZR

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
VW Golf V GTI Ed. 30
Funny thing about those mounts - Overall NVH is not bad but the added sounds ? That's crazy, never thought I could experience those sounds (starting engine / stopping engine / whine during acceleration).
Stopping the engine in a quiet place feels like using a stethoscope, I can actually hear everything shutting of.

Last edited:

a3scott20

Ready to race!
This is a GREAT built I would like to see every day, please keep it updated.
I think I am following your Instagram :)

I am running the same turbo TT V5 with upgrade APR HPFP / PPT525 LPFP, boost keeps at 2.1x & peak 2.2bar for safety reason on stock engine. About the RHD intake hose, you can ask them to provide LHD intake hose, it is available since few weeks ago. I will do the LHD intake hose swap next month after mine arrive, looks better.

CZR

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
VW Golf V GTI Ed. 30
Hey! Thanks :)
Spoke with TT yesterday and they redirected me to VRS - 1-2 weeks and they'll get the LHD hoses and send one to me :)

What numbers are you pushing with 2.1/2.2 ?