GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cyl 3 Misfire and limp mode after heavy load

Mosquito

Go Kart Champion
It is very possible that the cylinder where the plug broke is running lean. If so, you'd be better off replacing at the very least that injector. In my case I had to replace 2.

Personally, I would install known good OEM plugs. Flash stock tune. Fuel with 93 Oct, clear any DTCs and drive it out of boost for a couple of tanks.

In getting a sense for injector health short of removal, flow test or WOT logs (which for you right now will be risky). You might consider doing this. It's far for definitive, but I feel it is a good test of sorts.

Start the car, led it warm up to operating temp. Turn off, ignition on, clear fueling trims. Clearing any DTC will do that. If you have a DSG, scanning module 02 shortly after running the car will show a temporary fault code that when cleared will also force clear engine module 01.

Start the car already warm, let it idle for 20 minutes untouched and take a look at your adjusted LTFTs. If you don't have any boost/vacuum leaks and an injector is running lean due to clogging, your LTFTs will be positive.

Looking at all 4 piston crowns, the most shiny, less carbon blackened will be your lean one. A White pale spark plug should follow the same cylinder.

A mechanic will likely end up changing the injector. Thankfully it isn't more than a couple of hundred parts and labor

Mosquito

Go Kart Champion
I didn't mean before addressing any fueling issues. Compression seems to be ok.

In reality, if the vehicle is at a shop the easiest thing to do is confirm compression is sound, confirm fueling is ok, replace plugs and go.

I would likely replace all 4 injectors and run it stock for a bit on petrol. That's what I did.

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
I would revert the car to stock and dump it to carvana. They bought my 2015 that had bad motor mounts, failing AC compressor, paint issues on the front and rear bumper, and a few other things and they didnt even test drive the car. The guy showed up, handed me the check, and put it on the truck. I got paid more than I purchased the car for, now I have a nice 2019 Autobahn. Selling it to them for even 14k would be cheaper than having the engine replaced and selling it down the road. No one likes to buy a car with a replaced engine.

Royalion

Ready to race!
The RS7 plugs are 06K905601M?
I wonder if these plugs fail (the same way) in their original applications? (RS7, TTRS, RS3…)

jtaskew

Passed Driver's Ed
I would revert the car to stock and dump it to carvana. They bought my 2015 that had bad motor mounts, failing AC compressor, paint issues on the front and rear bumper, and a few other things and they didnt even test drive the car. The guy showed up, handed me the check, and put it on the truck. I got paid more than I purchased the car for, now I have a nice 2019 Autobahn. Selling it to them for even 14k would be cheaper than having the engine replaced and selling it down the road. No one likes to buy a car with a replaced engine.
This might be the way.