GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cygnus Performance (Fortune Auto) X1 coilovers $1800

Jmitchell4873

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Mk8 GTI
sold!!!

Cygnus Performance X1 motorsports coilovers. Built by Fortune Auto and based on the 500. Will fit Mk7, Mk8, GTI and R along with 8V, and 8Y A3, and S3.

Ordered in January, waited six weeks and installed in March. Took them back off the car last week. Two months of use and I loved them for daily duties along with a couple AutoX events and track days.

They were daily driven by my old ass, who is pretty picky about ride quality. They will not dump your car. Max drop is about 1.25” due to the long travel design. I ran them 12-15mm lower than stock. There are quite a few advantages to the long travel setup, but the biggest one for me was less heat in the fluid due to a bigger body for more volume.

I’d keep them for my next Mk8, but that car has DCC so I’ll run the stock dampers for a while.

View attachment IMG_2412.jpeg
IMG_2420.jpeg

IMG_3232.jpeg

Edit to add some more pics, but I can’t get all of them to attach. Check post #8

View attachment 306070
Worst spot for wear is on this locking collar for a rear shock. I had a tire rub it for a test drive to check camber. Other than that, they are in great shape.
View attachment 306071

Last edited:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Not that I'm in the market, but what are the spring rates

Jmitchell4873

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Mk8 GTI
IMG_3607.jpeg

Worst spot for wear is on this locking collar for a rear shock. I had a tire rub it for a test drive to check camber. Other than that, they are in great shape.
IMG_3604.jpeg