GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Custom tuning for the 1.8 from EQT now available

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Looks like custom tuning with EQT is now available for our platform:

"Hi, just last week ECUTek announced 1.8T flashing compatibility. So we would need to use ECUTek. ECUTek is custom tune only as we don't have staged tunes for that. So you would need to go to custom tune product page, select ECUTek, and all the appropriate drop down boxes for your application including the licenses you need, and then order."

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Assuming that's only for 4 motion and alltrack or is it for fwd as well

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
@tigeo, was this an email from Ed or Patrick? Not seeing any posts about this in the EQT group. Per recent emails from EcuTek and members here that checked with their EcuTek ProECU dongle, our software ID (4Motion GSW) is currently not supported. So wondering if this is a brand new development.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
@tigeo, was this an email from Ed or Patrick? Not seeing any posts about this in the EQT group. Per recent emails from EcuTek and members here that checked with their EcuTek ProECU dongle, our software ID (4Motion GSW) is currently not supported. So wondering if this is a brand new development.
That was someone that responded to my email about possible future turning solutions for the 1.8. Here's what I sent.

While I understand Cobb doesn’t support the 1.8s in the 4Mo Sportwagen/Alltrack (6-speed manual OR DSG), are there other tools available to you to look into a tuning solution for our wagons? Seems you guys have really got a large following with the GTI/R crowd, we get a much more limited choices w/r to tuning options and have a somewhat large/enthusiastic community that could be a great add to your following.

UnderdogA3

Passed Driver's Ed
The ecutek guy said end of year for full capability please see attachment but it looks like some features maybe released MPI?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200811-191416_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200811-191416_Facebook.jpg
    308.9 KB · Views: 197
  • Screenshot_20200811-085412_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200811-085412_Facebook.jpg
    749.3 KB · Views: 203
  • Screenshot_20200811-085327_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200811-085327_Facebook.jpg
    598 KB · Views: 169

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Like I posted in the other threads, if you guys have a ROM / ECU ID you want me to check, I can check within the Ecutek software. There haven't been any new software releases in the last week or so. Latest update was the previously mentioned MPI update.

It's possible there is a beta out there that supports your ID, but not on official release yet.

joedubs

Go Kart Champion
@Ed @ EQT said he could work with someone to get a rom dump done. If someone is local to them then the community would thank you 😀

Per ecutek, in order to verify compatibility for the box code in the 4motion/alltrack, they would need a ROM dump. They also said their dongle can't do that for the VAG ecus so it needs to be a bench read.

Then again, it seems like we've all heard different things from ecutek so who knows what the current status is.

At this point, my turbo comes back on Wednesday/Thursday and my MPI is installed so I might just end up planning a trip to UM next week.

Context: I contacted the company that they suggested and fell flat.

Screenshot_20200825-103955.png

Last edited:

tigeo

Autocross Champion
It for sure is one of those things that having someone local to EQT and just going in and asking to work with them on this would be the best way to handle, a guinea pig basically with a 4Mo wagon.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
It for sure is one of those things that having someone local to EQT and just going in and asking to work with them on this would be the best way to handle, a guinea pig basically with a 4Mo wagon.

We should do a crowd fund thing to pay someone to go to EQT and get this done. I'd chip in a few dollars to motivate someone to help move the 1.8s along. It would be cool to do the same for Eurodyne. Get a 1.8 back in there so there could be more development on that.

joedubs

Go Kart Champion

I'd be the guinea pig for tuning. Someone just needs to get them a stock ecu that they can pull the ROM off of and send to ecutek.

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
I’m also willing to be a guinea pig for tuning, although I’d want to wait until Flex is out to do the 91 & E85 dyno tunes in one go. Also willing to chip in for someone local to do a bench read. I’m in SoCal but no plans to head to the Bay anytime soon.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
I live... pretty close to EQT...