GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Custom Spoiler Extension (Gathering Interest)

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Stupid question. Asking for a friend. He will remain nameless. For now. 😆

Are u guys noticing the rear hatch doesn't get as dirty now due to the spoiler extension kinda possibly blocking build up?

Also, in the rain. Do y'all notice that u won't have to run the rear wiper as much?

Thnx

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
Stupid question. Asking for a friend. He will remain nameless. For now. 😆

Are u guys noticing the rear hatch doesn't get as dirty now due to the spoiler extension kinda possibly blocking build up?

Also, in the rain. Do y'all notice that u won't have to run the rear wiper as much?

Thnx
I was going to get around to asking i just had more important things to do last night at that time like sleep.:sleep:

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
So my impression after driving in the rain last night and this morning is that the spoiler extension helped the rear window stay cleaner. When i was traveling over 65 mph for atleast 5 miles i did t need to use the rear wiper. When i got back into town and was under 45mph i used the wiper but not as much as i normally would. Might be a placebo effect going on since @Keehs360 and i had just gave the exterior a good detailing over the weekend.

Anyone else notice this effect after installation?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
What's a rear wiper? 😂😂

I'd say it's a placebo more than anything. I haven't noticed a single bit of difference.

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
I probably drive my car too little and wash my car too often to tell, but my hatch still gets dirty with the spoiler.

It's also pollen city over here right now so that might be the real problem. I'm watching the pollen blow around the backyard from my kitchen and the window glass is a lovely yellowish hue.

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
I probably drive my car too little and wash my car too often to tell, but my hatch still gets dirty with the spoiler.

It's also pollen city over here right now so that might be the real problem. I'm watching the pollen blow around the backyard from my kitchen and the window glass is a lovely yellowish hue.
Yeah i have that problem with dust i can wash my car and within 10 mins its covered in dust from traffic going by real annoying.

ryansonfire

Go Kart Newbie
here is a picture of how it looks in real life without all the filters. i will admit the fit is perfect and the quality is great but the orange peel on this thing is next level. i really wish someone would of posted an actual picture before i bought this thing.

Attachments

• PXL_20210504_230111093.jpg
    PXL_20210504_230111093.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 132

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
here is a picture of how it looks in real life without all the filters. i will admit the fit is perfect and the quality is great but the orange peel on this thing is next level. i really wish someone would of posted an actual picture before i bought this thing.

I don't think it's ever necessarily been "hidden" on purpose. And while someone can't be expected to see every single post on the forums, I made a video of it with no filters where you can see the orange peel effect. Everybody's different, but personally it doesn't matter to me.

https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/spoiler-extensions.382195/post-7624517

1620179311360.png

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I’m confused with this spam like behavior... where you not offered a full refund?