GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Custom Spoiler Extension (Gathering Interest)

Rennwagen

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
UPDATE! I picked up the parts from powder coat yesterday. There were some minor issues with the coating on some of the parts, I will be having them re-coat the problem parts.

In the meantime, here’s some teaser pics!
As I mentioned in an above post, after experimenting with different tape layouts and thicknesses, I think I’ve figured out a combo that holds it on with tape only! It is SUPER strong. Every time I improved on the tape layout it became increasingly more difficult to remove the extension to the point I was worried I wouldn’t be able to get it off without destroying it! Luckily, it just takes some patience and constant pressure.
Bolts and hardware will still be provided to everyone, but for those of you (like me) that would prefer to not drill into your OEM wing, it looks like we’re in business!

E8F3B5FF-8E20-4589-9695-051805586A61.jpeg

D3E0DD21-A657-48EE-A63D-2120D5C7B22D.jpeg

86AC9D9B-CE31-4764-9262-D6DDDE071324.jpeg

Fitment and gloss black color match:
B341ECDD-3CAD-42EE-9B16-A4C216A934A9.jpeg

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
That looks awesome, my car is also Reflex Silver, so gives me a really good idea ! Can't wait !!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Looks good powder coated. Since it's now been determined it could mount with tape, I'd be interested in one if you did a second run.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
What is the max speed these things have been run at and for how long? Would hate to be running a 60-130 and have it fly off. Especially with it being aluminum, dangerous projectile for sure.

Rennwagen

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
What is the max speed these things have been run at and for how long? Would hate to be running a 60-130 and have it fly off. Especially with it being aluminum, dangerous projectile for sure.

I have not had many opportunities to get my car up to much higher than freeway speeds as of yet. You’re right, if it came off at speed it could be dangerous. However, the tape I am using is used in construction to replace rivets, bolts, and welds.
Here is a video demonstrating some different double sided tapes. The 3M VHB is the one that I am using (last example in video). In the video he uses two 1” strips of VHB tape to lift 45lbs worth of weight. I am using 30”+ across the wing extension.

https://www.findtape.com/videos/double-sided-tape-adhesion-test/v4/#

Gr33nBunny

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE 6mt
Damn that is going to look great with my gloss black wrapped roof too. I cannot wait.

bdollazzz

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Tornado Red GTI
Wow that tape looks insanely strong and honestly based on that video I can't say I would be worried about it staying on the car with just tape. The gloss black finish looks great too and is exactly what I was hoping for.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I'm So stoaked!!!!

mcl_sean

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GSW S 4Motion
+1 for MK7 wagon interest. Guessing you could probably get 10 long roof orders together if you're interested in a specific GSW/AT run.

Last edited: