GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Custom Exhaust on Automatic TSI worth it?

Kazeolo

Car(s)
MK7 TSI
I've done some visual addons lately and am curious about how shitty a custom exhaust would sound for an automatic TSI.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I know I've asked a few local custom shops to simply do an axle back on my MK7 GTI (have TBE to the axle). The price alone for them to simply hack off the rear end, weld up a "Y" pipe, two pipes with hangers.......the price mirrors almost what I paid for the rest of my exhaust. So to answer your title question, no, custom is not worth the cost. Go with something already "Ready made" for your car.

Kazeolo

Car(s)
MK7 TSI
I know I've asked a few local custom shops to simply do an axle back on my MK7 GTI (have TBE to the axle). The price alone for them to simply hack off the rear end, weld up a "Y" pipe, two pipes with hangers.......the price mirrors almost what I paid for the rest of my exhaust. So to answer your title question, no, custom is not worth the cost. Go with something already "Ready made" for your car.
Okay man thanks, as for the sound, does it sound like shit, cuz most automatic cars dont sound as good as manual.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I have a DSG and my exhaust sounds good...I didn't want a WOT sound all the time, so I skipped the track exhaust. I went with Baun performance, built by a member on these boards to get the right performance/sound blend. I've heard DSG exhausts that sound flat out mean.

Kazeolo

Car(s)
MK7 TSI
I have a DSG and my exhaust sounds good...I didn't want a WOT sound all the time, so I skipped the track exhaust. I went with Baun performance, built by a member on these boards to get the right performance/sound blend. I've heard DSG exhausts that sound flat out mean.
awesome thanks !

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
From a sporty pov I've always preferred the sound of induction not exhaust. Particularly on turbo cars.