GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Custom Built PCs

VrstewartW

What is a Ronaldo?
Post them up!

I just built my first one Monday.

Since Im on a budget, I chose parts that wouldnt be too excessive for what I needed.
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
- Antec Three Hundred Case
- AMD Athlon II X2 250 Regor 3.0GHz
- MSI 770-C45 ATX AMD Motherboard
- EVGA GeForce GT 240 Superclocked 512MB
- G.SKILL Ripjaws 4GB DDR3
- SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 500GB HD
- Sony Optiarc 24X DVD/CD Rewritable Drive
- Diablotek PHD Series PHD450 450W (never heard of this but got decent reviews)

Total: $589 Shipped from newegg

(and no the PC isnt on the carpet, theres a platform underneath it )

ssunnylee24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 CW DSG GTI
Nice.
I wish I knew how to buy parts and put together and have it run with out a problem.

ASCI_Blue

Ballin'
imo power supply is a bit weak, should have gone for a 550 or better. todays systems are power hungry but if you add anything you can do that later.

while I like MSI and they do make good stuff I'd have tried for Abit or Epox..maybe DFI or Asus if the prices were low enough.

Should have spent the extra bucks for a 260 series card unless you only play WoW.

Overall a great budget system.

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
Car(s)
'06 Gti
It's like leggos, much easier than people think.

Refused to buy premade for over 10 years till I turened into an uppity prick and bought a mac pro.

I had a Mac Pro for a while. Whole system with Cinema Display was like $3500. Sold it about a year ago and just picked up an IMac and a Sony Vaio notebook (for Vag-Com)

VrstewartW

What is a Ronaldo?
imo power supply is a bit weak, should have gone for a 550 or better. todays systems are power hungry but if you add anything you can do that later.

while I like MSI and they do make good stuff I'd have tried for Abit or Epox..maybe DFI or Asus if the prices were low enough.

Should have spent the extra bucks for a 260 series card unless you only play WoW.

Overall a great budget system.

Yea I know I sort of cheaped out on the PSU. I also dont play PC games so I figured the GPU was sufficient but like you said Ill probably build on to this system as I go along if I need to.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
It's a little sleeper rig... AM3 board so he can upgrade to a quad core throw in a beefier PSU and upgrade the video card. It'll last pretty long too has a good amount of room for improvement if he decides to upgrade later on.

if i really wanted to, i can get a mobo that can unlock the 4th core and if lucky the 6mb L3 cache.

but again, i don't play games, so what's the point in getting a quad core? actually, i could've gotten the Athlon II X4 620 + Biostar A770E3 mobo combo for $80 AR, but heck, i'd rather save the $20, esp. since it won't really make a difference for basic office applications/web browsing.

i'm going to pick up a card that can do HD (for when i decide to get a BD drive) with dvi, the onboard is vga which kinda sucks.

oh, and pic of my antique case