GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cubby wont seat

Adurm

Go Kart Newbie
I took my lower dash cubby out to drill a hole and run a wire out the back and now i can't get it to lock back in place. I push down to get the clips to engage but they pop right up. I tried without the wire to make sure it wasnt getting caught. I tried putting the clips on the cubby tabs vs keeping them in the bottom bit. Tried with the door open and closed. No dice. Any suggestions?

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
It's a little deceptive. When you insert the cubby, you want the back (uh, front?) to be higher than you expect. You're going to angle it up higher than you expect.

Your goal is to put this peg...

Into this slot...

I was instinctively putting the peg too low. Raise it up higher than you think and it may just snap into place. I don't think the formations in the dash will let you put the peg too high.

Good Luck,

Scott

Adurm

Go Kart Newbie
Thank you for your reply and pictures. I was trying it with the ac trim off before, but i appreciate your suggestion. I'll get into later today and try to get that peg higher. In case you're wondering, i ran an optical cable for hi res audio player and remote for my dsp through there. Still have to adjust my amp levels but am certain it will sound better than running the mib into the dsp

Adurm

Go Kart Newbie
You are my hero, stealth. I put the metal clips into the console, lifted the cubby up while pushing towards the engine then down on the clip area. Snug as a bug in a rug. I wish i had the engineering skills to put the player in the cubby on a spring mounting mechanism so i can tuck it and close the door. Thanks for your help.