GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CTS vs Precison Raceworks MPI

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Just saw this and wanted to chime in and say that PR has started using injector clips. Robert from PR gave me some info a month or so ago, I've summarized it for you:

- The inserts now self tap into the manifold for a consistent install.
- All kits have been shipping with clips for injectors for a while now too. This removes 72.5 psi of the 100-110psi of force the rail sees, and if the rail ever did come off by some magic with the new inserts, the injectors would stay locked in, keeping the fuel contained thanks to the injector clips.

If you'd like the injector clips and don't have them, I'm sure you can reach out to them and they'll take care of you. I'd recommend PR MPI/fueling over anyone else any day.

DonTuan

Passed Driver's Ed
If you'd like the injector clips and don't have them, I'm sure you can reach out to them and they'll take care of you. I'd recommend PR MPI/fueling over anyone else any day.

Injector clips won’t work on older fuel rail as they won’t have the notch on the side for the clips to slid into

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Injector clips won’t work on older fuel rail as they won’t have the notch on the side for the clips to slid into
Meant to come back to this sooner, I talked to Robert of PR last week to actually ask him about this. He said their fuel rails have been shipping with the notch for quite a while now, so there is a good chance your rail will have it. I got my rail in 2018 and I'm pretty sure it doesn't have the notches though FWIW.

eliseo

Car(s)
golf r 2017
if the euro manifold is the same price as a regular manifold and you absolutely want a spare then why not but it's a waste of money in my eyes. it took me 10 mins to get the cts inserts installed and the the fuel injector holes drilled.
Those cts inserts are in there pretty damn solidly.

PS thats what that little 10mm bolt is for. drill the pilot holes with the larger of the 2 supplied drillbits and the screw in the inserts.
Just only heat the threaded inserts to make an easy installation