BlackDog68

Ready to race!
Car(s)
16 GTI autobahn dsg

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I don't know anything about it but it's certainly cheap and that would be why I stay away from it. If you just want an OEM IS38 go with FCP Euro for their lifetime warranty.
I would go with the TPC20 or the EQT Vortex.

BlackDog68

Ready to race!
Car(s)
16 GTI autobahn dsg
I don't know anything about it but it's certainly cheap and that would be why I stay away from it. If you just want an OEM IS38 go with FCP Euro for their lifetime warranty.
I would go with the TPC20 or the EQT Vortex.
The FCP option looks good, I'm not interested in maxing out on power so avoiding fuel mods if possible , though I may go as far as the HPFP.

BlackDog68

Ready to race!
Car(s)
16 GTI autobahn dsg
Has anyone run an is38 with custom tune but no DP? I’m curious as I won’t pass inspection with the DP and due to a back injury I’d have to pay some to swap it in and out.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I'm sure someone has. I'm going to have to pay someone to put my OEM DP on for emissions.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Has anyone run an is38 with custom tune but no DP? I’m curious as I won’t pass inspection with the DP and due to a back injury I’d have to pay some to swap it in and out.
Golf R stage 1 type numbers is where you would be, maybe a little more since custom, either way will still be a nice bump in power from a stage 1 is20

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Yes. You’ll need a custom etune or pro tune using the accessport. It’s the only way. The stock gti downpipe will bolt on without a problem but you’re going to want an intercooler upgrade.

you can expect 330-360whp. And u won’t have any emissions related issues.

SaucyMuffin

Go Kart Newbie
Why can't you pass inspection? I've been running a FBO Stage 2 EQT car for 2 years and just drive in, never failed. Only time I've failed was with Unitronic, since it's programmed to disable the OBD readiness. I understand the communistic ways of the Commonwealth, however.

BlackDog68

Ready to race!
Car(s)
16 GTI autobahn dsg
Why can't you pass inspection? I've been running a FBO Stage 2 EQT car for 2 years and just drive in, never failed. Only time I've failed was with Unitronic, since it's programmed to disable the OBD readiness. I understand the communistic ways of the Commonwealth, however.
Thanks for all the info on emissions, I don’t know that It would fail but have been told it would be a bit of a crap shoot.

JPB WORLDWIDE

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 Golf R, RIP GTI S
My question for all of your trying to make 350/400 whp with FWD, how do you plan on using the car and putting down all this, what seems to be, unusable power. I'm probably upgrading to the Golf R soon so I can actually put the 400+ whp down.

Are you roll racers?
Are you building just for fun and don't drive much?
Any other thoughts? I dont dig race much, mostly highway, so if this is how the car prospers, I'd love to know your experience.