GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CTS Inlet Pipe

yoffer

Go Kart Newbie
Guys...does this piece truly have any performance altercation or ANYTHING noticeable? I remember researching this early on but found a lot of people said there are like zero gains and other than it looked better than plastic, it mostly an eye candy mod for popping your engine and not seeing more plastic. Can anyone confirm that whose had this on long enough to realize it made no gains? lol
It’s hard to argue with the testing data. The aftermarket TIP outflows the stock one. As far as actual dyno numbers there are a few done that you can see it adds around 5 hp and about the same in torque. ECS has a dyno video as well as some others.

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI SE 6SPD MT
Cosmetic/acoustic gains on the stock turbo. Noticed increased turbo sounds on the is38 and I’ve never run the stock tip on my v2 so I can’t comment there.

I wouldn't mind if I could get more sound but I'm stock airbox and don't look to have interest in an aftermarket intake. It probably would give me zero gains or sound considering that, lol.

miikez.

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GSW 4mo 6MT
I wouldn't mind if I could get more sound but I'm stock airbox and don't look to have interest in an aftermarket intake. It probably would give me zero gains or sound considering that, lol.
I just installed the Induct elbow TIP on my is38 sportwagen last week and was able to notice a little difference. I also have the stock airbox. The engine definitely feels like it's breathing better and you can hear the turbo a little more. Probably only gained a few hp, but at $90 I think it's a great mod.

nosmirk

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
7.5 DSG
Have you taken off the snow grate at the bottom of the airbox? That'll give you a bit more noise. Switching to a different panel filter (ie, aFe, k&n) for more noise. If that isn't enough, take a dremel/coping saw/box cutter to the blocked off driver side ducting. Other than the filter, all of that is basically free noise increase.

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI SE 6SPD MT
Have you taken off the snow grate at the bottom of the airbox? That'll give you a bit more noise. Switching to a different panel filter (ie, aFe, k&n) for more noise. If that isn't enough, take a dremel/coping saw/box cutter to the blocked off driver side ducting. Other than the filter, all of that is basically free noise increase.

I haven't touched anything yet with the airbox. I've heard of the mod that acts as like a free intake but I'm also kind of against cutting out anything yet as the car is still fairly new in my mind, lol. I did pick up the K&N air filter and plan on dropping that in on my next free day that has nice weather (not this weekend! grrr). If adding this coupled with the K&N filter adds some benefit, I just might find myself picking one up in the future.

nosmirk

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
7.5 DSG
I haven't touched anything yet with the airbox. I've heard of the mod that acts as like a free intake but I'm also kind of against cutting out anything yet as the car is still fairly new in my mind, lol. I did pick up the K&N air filter and plan on dropping that in on my next free day that has nice weather (not this weekend! grrr). If adding this coupled with the K&N filter adds some benefit, I just might find myself picking one up in the future.

The snow grate removal doesn't require cutting, IIRC, it's held in place by gravity and 3 or 4 tabs. Cutting the tabs off make it easier to remove but you can't easily put it back in the future. That and the K&N will probably be enough added sounds if you just want some wooshing and hear the DV.

art_mark7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mark 7 GTI
Don't forget removing the sound deadening material under the hood will also give u more noises ( u may be surpirsed how much it actually increases) but dont remove the rubber gromet stripe that prevent water entering from underneath the windshield :)

Last edited:

hotbascosauce

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE DSG W/DCC
I have the silver V2 CTS inlet pipe. Very poorly cast and wasnt smooth on the inside, but I was able to install it without any issues. Definitely more audible turbo noises. Cant really say anything about feeling "more power" however.
B9B3C514-B606-4DBA-8B57-327BD1A63838.jpeg

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I could be wrong...but I don't think the V1 was cast. It looked like it might be hydroformed or something like that.

The snow guard is held in by some tabs. It just pops out.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I could be wrong...but I don't think the V1 was cast. It looked like it might be hydroformed or something like that.

The snow guard is held in by some tabs. It just pops out.
Why do I read about a lot of people using a Dremel to get rid of it?

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I really don't know. It came out pretty easy for me. I just remember popping it out. I installed the Autotech box top and CTS pipe at the same time. The hardest part of that install was removing the PCV hose from the stock inlet.