GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CTS Inlet Pipe

yoffer

Go Kart Newbie
Just installed the CTS inlet pipe and this is the fitment that I got. The fingers that engage the turbo when you twist it seem to be off. Can anyone else confirm? Seems like it’s not coming out but don’t like how close it is.
FEC1AE7B-683F-4DF7-A1B4-933899D44A8B.jpeg

ryansonfire

Go Kart Newbie
i've been duped into the buying a few things cts and find the quality is just terrible and ill fitting and i end up just buying apr. i believe you have a poorly made part here that doesnt fit.

art_mark7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mark 7 GTI
When i installed mine 2 years ago - it seemed a bit loose before I twisted it, but once you twisted it it should be snug. And dont forget to swap the O ring on to the new one.
I read ppl say their stuff is questionable, but I can say for their TIP i have no issues.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
When i installed mine 2 years ago - it seemed a bit loose before I twisted it, but once you twisted it it should be snug. And dont forget to swap the O ring on to the new one.
I read ppl say their stuff is questionable, but I can say for their TIP i have no issues.
Same. I bought it partially so I could fab the stock one into a quick switch boost pressure tester.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
throw it in the garbage and stop buying snake oil mods.

yoffer

Go Kart Newbie
I just wanted to follow this up, the fitment was terrible on the CTS TIP. Not only did the flanges that engaged the turbo barely have any contact (see referenced photo above), but the torx screw that held it in place almost stripped the threads out of the TIP because of poor alignment. I had take the mounting arm off the TIP and mount it loosely to turbo first, then mount the other end with the two small hex heads to the TIP loosely and then tighten it altogether, it seemed like the arm was not long enough and the bolting holes didnt line up. Overall, it was just a bad experience. Luckily, Urotuning upheld their refund policy after I called and told them how much of a hassle it was. Honestly, it probably would have been fine and I understand some parts are not going to fit perfectly like OEM, but at some point you have to draw a line. I bought a APR TIP and it fit absolutely perfect and with no issues.
B3D439B0-565D-48F9-9CFF-B69DAEED465E.jpeg

Last edited:

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
For my IE TIP I had to do the same with the screws to get it to screw on. The figment was good however.

yoffer

Go Kart Newbie
For my IE TIP I had to do the same with the screws to get it to screw on. The figment was good however.
It's definitely something that needs to be mentioned, I struggled for 20 minutes trying to out how to mount the thing before I decided to disassemble it and mount it separately. I could have lived with it if that was the only issue.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Is that the "V2"? I have the black one and have no issues with fitment. All the tabs slot in to the turbo with no problems.

art_mark7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mark 7 GTI
want to add mine is the black one? So i m assuming is V1 - honestly i dunno why ppl are having so many issues with it?

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI SE 6SPD MT
Guys...does this piece truly have any performance altercation or ANYTHING noticeable? I remember researching this early on but found a lot of people said there are like zero gains and other than it looked better than plastic, it mostly an eye candy mod for popping your engine and not seeing more plastic. Can anyone confirm that whose had this on long enough to realize it made no gains? lol

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Guys...does this piece truly have any performance altercation or ANYTHING noticeable? I remember researching this early on but found a lot of people said there are like zero gains and other than it looked better than plastic, it mostly an eye candy mod for popping your engine and not seeing more plastic. Can anyone confirm that whose had this on long enough to realize it made no gains? lol
Cosmetic/acoustic gains on the stock turbo. Noticed increased turbo sounds on the is38 and I’ve never run the stock tip on my v2 so I can’t comment there.

edsonmassao

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI DSG
http://mygolfmk7.com/turbo-inlet-pipe/

In number it shows very little gains, in real life I don't think it is very noticeable...