GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CT emissions Stage 2

MaxM97

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 Alltrack SEL 6MT
Hey everyone,

Anyone have problems passing CT emissions with downpipe and stage 2 tune? My current tune shuts off the cel for P0420 code however the code will still be on in the background. I do have a vibrant spacer to play around with as well.

Thanks

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT

MaxM97

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 Alltrack SEL 6MT
One or two monitors would not set. Can’t remember which right now. I did put the vibrant spacer on today, we’ll see what happens this week as far as CEL and monitors go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JCAT

I think any tune that disables the CEL will keep the cat monitor from being set. You want a tune that doesn't disable the CEL and get the spacer to keep it from popping up.

MaxM97

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 Alltrack SEL 6MT
I think any tune that disables the CEL will keep the cat monitor from being set. You want a tune that doesn't disable the CEL and get the spacer to keep it from popping up.

The P0420 code will still be on, however the light won’t turn on I believe. I’ve got about 100 miles so far with the vibrant spacer and no CEL or codes.

MaxM97

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 Alltrack SEL 6MT
did you ever pass emissions? I am just wondering since I will be soon in the same boat :)

I just swapped back to Stock DP and flashed backer to stock. I got the DP swap down to 1.5~2 hrs so not a big deal for me. However now I’m reading a straight style spacer works best on the IE downpipe, so I may try that again next time emissions comes around.

Ital

Go Kart Newbie
I just swapped back to Stock DP and flashed backer to stock. I got the DP swap down to 1.5~2 hrs so not a big deal for me. However now I’m reading a straight style spacer works best on the IE downpipe, so I may try that again next time emissions comes around.

WTF, so are you saying to failed emission with the spacer?
I have no check engine light or anything but I really don't want to swap DP every couple of years either....

MaxM97

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 Alltrack SEL 6MT
WTF, so are you saying to failed emission with the spacer?

I have no check engine light or anything but I really don't want to swap DP every couple of years either....

Didn’t fail emissions, just couldn’t get my readiness monitors to set and getting P013E and P2270 with IE downpipe and Vibrant J spacer. Easier to swap stock back in for me rather than experiment with spacers.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Didn’t fail emissions, just couldn’t get my readiness monitors to set and getting P013E and P2270 with IE downpipe and Vibrant J spacer. Easier to swap stock back in for me rather than experiment with spacers.

What are those two codes? I had a IE pipe installed with a straight Vibrant last weekend. No cell. I've flashed my ECU twice and achieved readiness twice now.

MaxM97

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 Alltrack SEL 6MT
What are those two codes? I had a IE pipe installed with a straight Vibrant last weekend. No cell. I've flashed my ECU twice and achieved readiness twice now.

Stuck lean codes, can’t remember off the top of my head the exact wording. I was using the CURVED spacer. I’m running no spacer now with no codes. Will try the straight spacer next time.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Just looked up the codes. Delayed response. The J spacer opening is to the O2 sensor is pointing up? I don't think the J's are great for the stock location CAT pipes. Definitely try a straight spacer. A straight one will pull the sensor out of the flow, but the gases won't get stuck in the spacer. I think the gasses flow through the straights better.

After the DP install, I did notice my cruise AFRs were a little wacky each time I flashed. This is not normal but the car figured out the trims. I guess I'm still within the limits.

Ital

Go Kart Newbie

hmm, i have apr downpipe with race cat for over two years now with a spacer and no cell.
I am assuming I have achieved reediness by now, but how do I check to make sure?

When I check the codes I do get some type of warning about the cat, like not able to sniff the fumes or something to that regards..., but since I have no check engine light I figure it is fine...
I am still about one year away to emissions... just do not want any surprises.

Thanks

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
hmm, i have apr downpipe with race cat for over two years now with a spacer and no cell.

I am assuming I have achieved reediness by now, but how do I check to make sure?

When I check the codes I do get some type of warning about the cat, like not able to sniff the fumes or something to that regards..., but since I have no check engine light I figure it is fine...

I am still about one year away to emissions... just do not want any surprises.

Thanks
I'm using OBDEleven to check readiness. VCDS will do it also if you want to go that route.