GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSS knuckle/hub install/results OEM Camber Fix

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
anyone know how much camber you would get with a 1"-1.25" drop?
In general, you'll gain -.75 for every inch of drop, that said, I do not know what the MK7 will gain when dropped. Hopefully someone will chime in that just has lowering springs and has before/after alignment specs.

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
That's horrible, must be a lot of demand after I bought my set and posted about all the great benefits, fortunately there are other options like EuroSport pucks, which are a nice option at a great price.

cbr600rr

Go Kart Champion
I'm blown away by how even all your alignment numbers are! Out of the dozens of alignments I've had done over the years, none have been as even - left to right - as your alignment spec sheet shows.

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Stoked by those after numbers! I bought a set about the same time you did but they're sitting in a box due to work and a move. Planning on upgrading these (and some other front suspension bits) this winter.

I went through the same calculus you did - I have a set of eurosport pucks sitting here as well. Will probably get rid of those seeing you were able to get more than -2deg with stock springs.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
+1 for CSS Swivels. Adds 1-degree of camber to whatever you currently have.

F306402B-1F46-4E61-BD9F-A9A8F4D32504.png

greekspec2

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf R 17 BMW X1M
In general, you'll gain -.75 for every inch of drop, that said, I do not know what the MK7 will gain when dropped. Hopefully someone will chime in that just has lowering springs and has before/after alignment specs.

I put my KW Clubsports camber plates at the factory zero setting.....a stock Golf R front ride height is 363mm/14.29in and -44'/0.75 degree camber. I did my alignment and my ride height is 315mm/12.4in and -1.08' camber. so with almost a 2.0in drop I got just over a 0.30 degree of camber on Golf R spindles.

Last edited:

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
I put my KW Clubsports camber plates at the factory zero setting.....a stock Golf R front ride height is 363mm/14.29in and -44'/0.75 degree camber. I did my alignment and my ride height is 315mm/12.4in and -1.08' camber. so with almost a 2.0in drop I got just over a 0.30 degree of camber on Golf R spindles.

A 50mm drop may have out you on the wrong size of the camber curve. MacPherson struts gain some negative camber up until the ball joint is level with the control arm mounts. Once it passes above, you'll be going back towards positive camber, not a great thing. Not to mention what it does to the roll center!

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

From what I can tell, arms are level with ground when you hit 1" of drop, so anything beyond that, you aren't gaining negative camber after that point and will actually start to gain camber.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
From what I can tell, arms are level with ground when you hit 1" of drop, so anything beyond that, you aren't gaining negative camber after that point and will actually start to gain camber.
2nd this, as my tire being to go below the fenders when I air out the wheel start moving towards positive camber.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
+1 for CSS Swivels. Adds 1-degree of camber to whatever you currently have.

View attachment 188806
Super jealous of the -3.2 front camber.

I wish ST would just set a -3.0 max camber rule and you can get it anyway you can, i.e. multiple methods.