GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Strangers On The Internet Meet And Admire Interiors

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Imma bout to write an angry email. Even on their website it shows it has a balance!

Screenshot_20230726-192048.png

But instead they made me pay an extra $50 for their shitty food.

cb1111

Insurance question: Is there like, a window for how long I can wait between an incident and filing a claim? I finally got some quotes for getting the blemish on my bumper fixed, and we're talking like $100+ more than my deductible -- not really my jam. The car was in fantastic shape prior, so it really bums me out that it's got damage to the bumper, and so I want it fixed. It was the result of a H&R in a parking lot, I called the restaurant to see about getting camera footage but didn't hear anything back from them, they did say though that based on where I was parked they weren't sure if the cameras could even see my car.

I just wanna not have a fucked up front bumper :(

I'll give it a bit and see how I'm feeling -- There are definitely some other things I'm working on acquiring first, but it's bothering the crap out of me that it's damaged. I dunno, I really debated just buying a new bumper altogether, but paint work is expensive.

Really considering getting a second job to fund car parts purchases...

Thanks guys for the insight, further consideration says you're right, I forgot that the insurance company is gonna want more money from me after I make a claim.

'Bout to part out my physical being so I can have a slightly better than stock GTI :LOL: Low mileage, somewhat neglected but overall still some life left in it, any takers?
Check your insurance (and this applies to everyone) to see what your deductibles are. There are two parts to insurance - the liability portion (the stuff that is your fault) and the comprehensive is the part that isn't your fault (fire, theft, road hazard, vandalism etc.)

decreasing your deductible on the liability side is expensive, but a low deductible on the comp side is cheap. For me, going from a $1k to a $100 deductible is something like $26 a year. Claims on the comprehensive side do not increase your rates, while a liability claim does.

Normally, hit and run accidents fall under the liability portion UNLESS you can show that you didn't do it (in which case it falls under the comp side). Accordingly, if the store has a video of the incident, then it would fall under the comp side - and if you had a $100 deductible, that's what it would cost you.

TL-DR - check with your insurance company what it would cost to drop your deductible to $100.

Let me give you an example of how this works - from a recent experience with a glass claim.

Glass claims fall under comp (unless your state has a separate glass portion). On our cars, a glass claim is $978 using aftermarket glass - add $300 for OEM glass.

If you had the $1k deductible, then you'd not file a claim and pay the full amount.

History has shown me that I have a glass claim every 5 to 7 years or so, so with the $100 deductible, the glass costs me 5 or 7 years of increased rates (5x$26=$130 or 7x$26=$182) plus the deductible, so $230 or $282

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
We went to this real fancy place last night since we had a gift card since Christmas. Get all our food, then they're like "We can't get this gift card to work". Not that it had a $0 balance or something, but they couldn't get it to work.

Fuckin' Cheesecake Factory.
that sucks, fuck cheesecake

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Cheesecake is the best kinda cake. Don’t fuck cheesecake.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
nothings worse than racing/dragracing videos where theres so much music, cut scenes and talking that you can't really capture what the fuck is even going on

i want to see what the car did in real time, unabridged, without your shitty music or dialogue. talk later and share your mixtape.

fuck

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
that cheesecake menu sucks. takes forever to find something that sounds good, then regret it the whole time because of how many other choices there were. then get mediocre food anyway.

a place can't make good foods of all cultures in one kitchen.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Found a solution for my CCF gift card problem. Just going to order $50 of cheesecake for pickup online. Since I sure as fuck aren't going to go dine in again for them to just be like "I'm sorry sir, but neither manager or I can get the gift card to go through." Plus I don't want to be forced to eat there again.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R