Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 K04 GTI
I got the bolts out

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Saw a bobcat this morning up in the state park.

Never seen a bobcat before, it was pretty big, maybe like 30 pounds or so. Fast too, he sprinted across the road real quick.

And I just did a load of laundry where all the socks matched up at the end.

Exciting times around here.

Jmitchell4873

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Mk8 GTI
Sitting at work with nothing to do today. The military is on a four-day training holiday, so the civilians just soak up Holiday pay without anyone in the range complex.

I'm shopping for a 20th AE Golf R, or might get a new GTI, without a sunroof. My long torso won't fit in a Mk8 with a sunroof, while I'm wearing a helmet. DSG is needed since the VA wants to fuse my ankle, so I'm sure that the nuance of a clutch would be tough......so no more manuals for me. It was fun while it lasted.

Hope everyone has a drink to raise for all the hard MFer's that made the ultimate sacrifice so we can sit around and bitch about fuel prices or whatever other topics are hot at the time.

Last edited:

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 K04 GTI
Sitting at work with nothing to do today. The military is on a four-day training holiday, so the civilians just soak up Holiday pay without anyone in the range complex.

I'm shopping for a 20th AE Golf R or or might get a new GTI, without a sunroof. My long torso won't fit in a Mk8 with a sunroof, while I'm wearing a helmet. DSG is needed since the VA wants to fuse my ankle, so I'm sure that the nuance of a clutch would be tough......so no more manuals for me. It was fun while it lasted.

Hope everyone has a drink to raise for all the hard MFer's that made the ultimate sacrifice so we can sit around and bitch about fuel prices or whatever other topics are hot at the time.
Bruh no manuals? Rip...

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
What's next for your car?
Just regular maintenance and more weekend runs at dawn.

I never caught the mod bug so I don't want to change the way the car preforms now. It's still super fun and I don't need go directly to jail speed because I am dumb and would use it.

I've also been looking at 20th anniversary R's. No sunroof is really a huge bonus, manuals are actually sort of common but I can't pull the trigger fast enough on 45 grand+ and they don't stay available for a long time.

Pineapple

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf GTI S
Did you disconnect the fuel line?
IMG_8053.jpeg

Is that what you mean? It does seem to be contacting with the manifold there preventing removal. Can't get my adjustable wrench in there, Charles uses a 17mm box wrench I think but I'm not even sure I can turn a wrench there from up top. What's the right tool for the job?

@Acadia18 how did you get the intake off without removing that? My triple square could be looser maybe to give the bracket more play but I'm pretty sure I'm limited by the driver side bolt rn

Pineapple

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf GTI S
View attachment 305312

Is that what you mean? It does seem to be contacting with the manifold there preventing removal. Can't get my adjustable wrench in there, Charles uses a 17mm box wrench I think but I'm not even sure I can turn a wrench there from up top. What's the right tool for the job?

@Acadia18 how did you get the intake off without removing that? My triple square could be looser maybe to give the bracket more play but I'm pretty sure I'm limited by the driver side bolt rn
IMG_8054.jpeg

Current view, perhaps removing that wiring bracket could help?