GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Shaving Your Fingers

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
I'd like to see the more barebones/low-spec EV and PHEV options available. And I forget what that hybrid sedan Chevy sold was -- Bolt? Volt? I have a coworker with one of them and he's a big fan, minimal maintenance costs and insane fuel economy. He's had several.
Volt was the EV sedan that had a gas engine just as a generator.

The small Bolt CUV EV is also a very good inexpensive EV.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Volt was the EV sedan that had a gas engine just as a generator.

The small Bolt CUV EV is also a very good inexpensive EV.
Thanks, yeah the Volt is what he had. Pretty rad, if it were available as a wagon I'd be intrigued to say the least. Not sure how the GM EVs are going so far though.

CSB: I saw a Bolt CUV EV on RE71RS autocross and while it was initially fairly scary (tall vehicle, sticky tire, never seen the driver before so no idea if it was a n00b or what), it didn't do badly, and didn't roll over. Word is, it was someone who knew what they were doing, just driving something unusual that day.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
Thanks, yeah the Volt is what he had. Pretty rad, if it were available as a wagon I'd be intrigued to say the least. Not sure how the GM EVs are going so far though.

CSB: I saw a Bolt CUV EV on RE71RS autocross and while it was initially fairly scary (tall vehicle, sticky tire, never seen the driver before so no idea if it was a n00b or what), it didn't do badly, and didn't roll over. Word is, it was someone who knew what they were doing, just driving something unusual that day.
its an EV so all of the weight is at the very bottom of it lol

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
its an EV so all of the weight is at the very bottom of it lol
True. Idk, I just know the basic rollover index thing is what we use to determine viability, and even then there's some stuff that's sketchy (Fiesta is a no-go in street classes, Fiesta ST is allowed but still makes me nervous)

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Florida bros.

Anyone fly Silver Airlines before? I’ll be in Tampa on business in April and I’m planning a long weekend in Key West with Ms. Corprin.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Just wrapped up 7+ months of strategy work with a presentation to leadership. And immediately logged on to the golf forums to tell my CSB bros. Soooo happy to have that done

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI

CSB3: Forum Dads Discuss Projectile "Spills"​

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
From what I was told, it sounds like the Prologue is getting GM stuff :/ not really the direction I'd want to see, but I'm a little biased.

GM did team up with Honda with the Saturn Vue I think it was. It was an SUV that had a Honda V6 in it. So they have a history together.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
GM did team up with Honda with the Saturn Vue I think it was. It was an SUV that had a Honda V6 in it. So they have a history together.
I remember the first time I came across this information, very interesting stuff. IMO Honda is a fantastic engine company that bundles it with a car for convenience.