GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Why The Volkswagen GTI's Electric Transformation Is Ruffling Purists' Feathers

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
SmartSelect_20230601_210426_GroupMe.jpg

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
being in the New Haven area you don't have to go to one of the popular places. There are many good ones without the rep of the Big 3 that it shouldn't really be a hassle. My two go to places are Amato's in Madison or Sicily in Middletown. 3rd choice is Red Tomato in Guilford because their crust is amazing if you are a fan of thin crust. I describe it as tasting like a yeasty home-made saltine cracker.

also props to the new style pies from BAR or Kitchen Zinc

Aquabats!

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
is that 12 oz mouse?

also, i love it lol
1685713256349.png

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
The US version of the ID Buzz was revealed yesterday. Pretty much the same as the EU version, just longer with bigger batteries. I actually really like it. It's somehow much more acceptable to me than a minivan, even though that's basically what it is.
its the size of a damn atlas lol

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
The US version of the ID Buzz was revealed yesterday. Pretty much the same as the EU version, just longer with bigger batteries. I actually really like it. It's somehow much more acceptable to me than a minivan, even though that's basically what it is.
The original VW bus was also basically just a minivan...except....that it wasn't.

I think the ID Buzz is pretty neat looking.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
i just wish it had an engine and was a hybrid.
The packaging wouldn't work for that. Really, the only reason they were able to make it is the electric architecture. I don't think an all electric future makes sense, but I do think electrics have their place. This is the perfect "soccer mom" vehicle (low maintenance, low fuel cost, lots of seats and cargo space) assuming you have another vehicle in your household for road trips and such.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
My neighbors have 30k miles on their Tesla already. It’s been to Canada, New York etc. It tells you where you need to stop and charge.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
My neighbors have 30k miles on their Tesla already. It’s been to Canada, New York etc. It tells you where you need to stop and charge.

The vast, vast majority of my driving is sub-200 mile distances and thankfully it's around places with decent charging infrastructure. I could make an electric work but I know some people couldn't or wouldn't be willing to do so... every car is going to have tradeoffs of some kind.

I'd like a V60 Recharge because most of my driving is sub-30 mile distances so I could go electric (among other reasons)

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
No pizza is bad.

there's some place in Seattle that the locals swear by and I went and tried it and I received the most undercooked, flour-tastin-ass pizza of my life. I thought to myself, there's no way people rave about this. there must have been some grave mistake, maybe a new employee was making pizza. so i tried again a couple months later. NOPE, this place simply just makes the world's 2nd worst pizza