GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Holy n00b, IT Doesn't Know What 7Zip Is And Opens Malware Via Pdf Viewer

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
I will jack shit up the first time I do it, but after that, I can complete that task to a mediocre standard like a champ. 不不不
The 2x4 advocacy checks out cause doing it the harder longer way is easier somehow

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
@bosnianguy and @guyfromrhodeisland
Any chance you'd be willing to lend the pad spreader tool please? Might need it for brake install I'm doing.

I'm actually not sure if I have one. I think I do. If I do, then yes. Lemme check and report back.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
That's a negative, sorry. Just dug through my toolbox. I really thought I had one.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 K04 GTI
possibly a dumb suggestion, but I uncap the brake fluid reservoir so I can squeeze the pedal in by hand (on the fronts, rears are usually screw in). If your reservoir isn't super full you won't lose any fluid.

also @1ashchuckton good point, maybe I'll have to look into some TNiA stuff. Shame the Mazda is speed limited, because that's probably what I'd want to take.
My reservoir is empty right now.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 K04 GTI
These motherfucker pad carrier bolts on the rear are such a bitch to get to. They're rusted out too.
If I had the car up in the air on a lift, it'd be easier to slide in my breaker bar... but I'm working with stands. If only I were richer 不
Fuck me this brake install is going to take forever.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I think BAG is asking about the brake caliper tool in the red box.

Yeah, that I got. I was thinking for his fancy 18z fronts that need one or those different kind of special tools.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I've had it trigger a couple of times backing out of the garage, but nothing that is sue-worthy.

In my 19 R, it's way over sensitive. I have a somewhat steep driveway, and when I back out and cut my wheel, it goes off frequently. Quite annoying.

the two of you need to get a room.

They're not giving each other prostate exams out in public, that's for sure...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
He's talking about the piston retraction tool. I just use Acadia's when I need one.

As far as I remember you only need that special tool for the rears, the front don't need compression + twist so your old pad in a c clamp should do

....someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.