GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Holy n00b, IT Doesn't Know What 7Zip Is And Opens Malware Via Pdf Viewer

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Just bought some awesome looking cantaloupe and spilled it all on the floor as soon as I got home. Basically a microcosm of my day today so far.

You were planning on eating the cantaloupe, right?

Just eating it, RIGHT?!?!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
waiting on my urotuning order for the rear wiper delete and short shifter stuff.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
waiting on my urotuning order for the rear wiper delete and short shifter stuff.
Did you do the whole DG kit? I'm very tempted, currently I have delrin cable end bushings and a BFI knob, but I'm very tempted with the Sigma 6. Also a little wary of the shopdap offering, because it basically looks like they made a copy/clone of the DG kit with some of their own branding, which kinda sucks because AFAIK DG is a very small business doing rad stuff.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
to me, good tires are everything when it comes to overall car ride.

like on my MK6 i overlooked the tires when trying to address how horrible it was riding. I literally thought the wheel bearings must be bad and had Jay745 replace all of them for me. On the ride home there was no difference, turns out my newish nitto555's were just garbage. The other lesson learned there was buying tires from discount places - sometimes may may get old tires or other bottom of the barrel trash.

And alignment. Huge difference on a good alignment.
yuuup, the Yokohamas I have on my car ride like trash. The Hankooks I had felt like butter in comparison and those were 200 tw cheater tires.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Did you do the whole DG kit? I'm very tempted, currently I have delrin cable end bushings and a BFI knob, but I'm very tempted with the Sigma 6. Also a little wary of the shopdap offering, because it basically looks like they made a copy/clone of the DG kit with some of their own branding, which kinda sucks because AFAIK DG is a very small business doing rad stuff.
god i wish

i ordered a short shifter (just the front to back), and stiff cable bushings for now.

Edit: holy shift kit is pretty tempting, hadn't heard of that one yet!

Last edited:

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
god i wish

i ordered a short shifter (just the front to back), and stiff cable bushings for now.
Honestly the cable bushings helped a TON, I bought a second set of shifter cable ends to be on the safe side since it involves cutting out part of the interior section and I was a scaredy-cat.

Which short shifter did you go with?

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
My current tires are beyond shredded, they're only on the car for another week, but they have -zero- grip.

Since they're already dead I've been letting the car slide into turns (really early turn in, let the understeer happen) it's actually kind of fun to let the car behave like that.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Honestly the cable bushings helped a TON, I bought a second set of shifter cable ends to be on the safe side since it involves cutting out part of the interior section and I was a scaredy-cat.

Which short shifter did you go with?
CTS. Cheaped out lol. Hope not to regret it. Considering i paid 100 for this, and ~44 for the cable bushings, i should have just gotten the DAP holy shift kit for 50 more bucks.
https://www.ctsturbo.com/product/cts-turbo-o2m-o2q-short-shift-kit/