GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Forum Discusses Low Torque Tuning Options And Why The People Using Them Are Wieners

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
1700577263117.png

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
it's a GM automobile with a V8. it'll run like shit longer than most cars run period.
but like not even a CEL... for the spark plugs not even having electrodes? lmao

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Impossible burgers for dinner last night, with homemade big mac sauce, LTO, cheese, and homemade buns. I was super skeptical, because I could swear the last time we got them they weren't very good. I don't know what changed, but this time around they were fantastic. Like, to the point that I wasn't bothered that it wasn't a traditional burger (and I love traditional burgers).

I'm willing to buy an automatic daily/weaksauce car so I can afford a manual Miata for AX/track things [maybe]. Which actually raises a question to the group/@jay745, how awful of an idea is an ND2 for track use, if it's not getting much in the way of power adders? Particularly TNIA, concern is that it might be a hazard with the relatively low speeds, we're planning on it being an autocross STR car first and foremost.
i remember being very surprised the first time i had one, then couldn't quite replicate the deliciousness in a subsequent attempt. however i do need to have again

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
oh my god i'm so jealous! which did you like more to drive?
they were both fun as hell but the beat was my favorite. it just kept egging you on to give it more and more revs and it was absolutely sublime.

the mira made fun turbo noises tho.

i would very much take either, and the today i want will be the practical hatchback shape with the engine from the beat anyway.

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
I'll preface this with the fact that my 17z setup was on a 2007 A3 AWD, but it's mostly the same as a mkV GTI. I thought the brake feel overall was fine, definitely not un-driveable or anything. The only thing I really noticed was the pedal was a little bit lower to engage. It was fine for me for street driving, I never tracked or autocrossed with that car.

@aspro_gti

I have TTRS fronts which are similar to 18zs.I swapped on the mc soon after swapping so my impressions are vague since its been years. Stock everything with only caliper swapped on my mk6 i'd noticed that it was the same as khail. I wouldve characterized it as softer pedal, less engagement zone. Hated that on track - felt dangerous. might've had a small air bubble in the lines as the feel wasn't as firm as i wanted. on nelsons, which is a great moto track it was definitely uncomfortable. with the MC installed, braking was almost a little too on/off for me - pads etc make a difference and i have been just using hawk HP+ because i can burn through them without feeling bad vs carbotechs or something nicer. currently running gloc r12s and theyve been good but only about 2k mi on them.

in short, any caliper will feel fine daily driving from golf to golf platforms. id personally get a bigger master cylinder if you upsize calipers to accommodate the volume increase.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
they were both fun as hell but the beat was my favorite. it just kept egging you on to give it more and more revs and it was absolutely sublime.

the mira made fun turbo noises tho.

i would very much take either, and the today i want will be the practical hatchback shape with the engine from the beat anyway.
When are you finally getting a kei car? i see them for sale all the time now

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI