GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Commemorating Big Tiddy Goth Brazilian Sandwich Day, 2/22 Never Forget

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
I think ours are E-lux from like maybe 8 or so years ago? idk how old they are because we got them for free 5 years ago. We're happy with them. Had to replace the control panel and the motor on the dryer but those were decently easy DIYs.

For whatever reason I thought you were talking about clothes washers/dryers.

Nooooooooo idea on dish washers. We like our ELux machines for clothing but our apartment's dishwasher has to be 20+ years old and is a POS.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
ha, also we decided we 'must have' a 3rd rack, and there's a lot of units on sale in the 4-600 range right now so that narrows it down some

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
trying to figure out what dishwasher to buy - holy shit what a hard decision!

They all look just fine on the onset, most have very similar overall specs and features, but they all call them different things like 'power dry' or 'steam dry'. most have thousands of overall good reviews but its the 1 star reviews i like to read. some catch on fire, some rust, some control panels get fucked up from the steam. they all seem kind of equally shitty.

on top of knowing how much planned obsolescence there is i just have no idea what to buy lol

Bosch.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
tswift is basically on par with michael jackson in his prime for popularity.

A lot of people will disagree with that, but it's probably true. If not more so.

In no way saying TS is more talented (or even on par talent wise) with MJ since popularity does not equal talent, but in terms of size and rabidness of the fan base?

Absolutely.

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
trying to figure out what dishwasher to buy - holy shit what a hard decision!

They all look just fine on the onset, most have very similar overall specs and features, but they all call them different things like 'power dry' or 'steam dry'. most have thousands of overall good reviews but its the 1 star reviews i like to read. some catch on fire, some rust, some control panels get fucked up from the steam. they all seem kind of equally shitty.

on top of knowing how much planned obsolescence there is i just have no idea what to buy lol
Here is what I know.

Buy a Whirlpool. If it does break parts are easier to find.

The more metal on the walls of the insides the better it drys.

Only other thing to consider is how quiet it is.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
dammit the bosch ones are ~1000 bucks even with sales. I want a 500 dollar one on sale.

LG is looking promising... mostly because ive been liking our LG washer/dryer

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
We have a KitchenAid dishwasher. No clue what model, it was in the house when we bought it, but it has been great. No third rack though, but dries the best out of any I've used and has a nice handle on it haha.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
dammit the bosch ones are ~1000 bucks even with sales. I want a 500 dollar one on sale.

Just skip the machine and tell your MIL she's the dishwasher now.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
People have mentioned Bosch, I'll be a third one to mention it.

My parents have had a Bosch dishwasher for 10+ years with 0 issues. My last condo had a Bosch dishwasher and whirlpool everything else when we moved in. By the time we moved out we had replaced all the whirlpool kitchen stuff since it was all going to shit (fridge, oven, microwave), but the dishwasher stayed original. Never had a single issue with it.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
We got a nearly brand new Bosch 500 series for $250 off FB marketplace when we bought our house. Love it.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Maytag. We love ours and really does a good job. Plus 10 year warranty on the motor. Win win

Saabingti

Autocross Champion

I know HD/Lowes sell open-box/display models for cheap. Keep an eye out?

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I never buy things for a person unless I know them extremely well.

You getting a gift card and picking out something for yourself and liking it.