GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Commemorating Big Tiddy Goth Brazilian Sandwich Day, 2/22 Never Forget

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
What GPU are you running? I ultimately ran into issues with 1440p UW on my 5700XT, bought a 6950XT and it's been worlds better.

I definitely still use multiple displays -- one's an UW 1080p, and then two 24" 1080p displays in portrait. Portrait monitors are underrated.

6800XT. I'm one of those weird guys that actually likes to have semi-nice graphics when playing shooters, so 144+ can be a struggle at times.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
UW is the way to go. I've used them for over a decade, couldn't even imagine going back.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
6800XT. I'm one of those weird guys that actually likes to have semi-nice graphics when playing shooters, so 144+ can be a struggle at times.
Nah I get it, I know FSR/that frame generation voodoo is a thing, I've never played with it though. I also have been going back to play older/less demanding games, so I don't know if I can be a great source of input.

I will say though, ultrawides are a dope thing. I replaced 3x 1080p displays with the 1440p UW, but I'm still running a total of four displays.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
What's your plan? I wish I had money and space. An ITG2 dedicab would solve my weight problem. The cold weather doesn't help either, not really a great time to go out and walk.
just gonna cut more carbs and start going to the gym 5 min from my house when i can afford to get some dedicated gym clthes.

i used to be rly rly good at ddr when i was a teenager but these knees cant handle it anymre lol

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
just gonna cut more carbs and start going to the gym 5 min from my house when i can afford to get some dedicated gym clthes.

i used to be rly rly good at ddr when i was a teenager but these knees cant handle it anymre lol
bro asthma took all my skills :cry: I was pretty solid on 10s on the DDR side, ITG I was consistent on most of the 11s and was working on 12s. I'm really considering getting a nice arcade pad and firing up Stepmania again, it's been ages. But the last time I played DDR was a year or two ago and I couldn't keep up with 8s/9s, I was mad lol

Good on you with a plan though, stick with it. This is a rough season to try to lose weight with all the holidays being food-centric, but you got this homie

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI

Every outlet mall has at least one adidas and nike store. You can get shorts at Adidas for like $10 and find a shirt off the clearance rack for next to nothing.

Alternately I'm a big fan of the cheap simple plain shirts that target carries. They're like $8 and they're comfortable enough to sweat in. https://www.target.com/p/men-s-casu...o/-/A-54247255?preselect=54190283#lnk=sametab

Target carries athletic shorts as well.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
bro asthma took all my skills :cry: I was pretty solid on 10s on the DDR side, ITG I was consistent on most of the 11s and was working on 12s. I'm really considering getting a nice arcade pad and firing up Stepmania again, it's been ages. But the last time I played DDR was a year or two ago and I couldn't keep up with 8s/9s, I was mad lol

Good on you with a plan though, stick with it. This is a rough season to try to lose weight with all the holidays being food-centric, but you got this homie
an arcade pad would be dope, i have a redoctane thicc boy pad thats probably twenty years old now that im guessing still works lol

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
@Nineeightyone inhaler gang unite
1701101411455.png

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
an arcade pad would be dope, i have a redoctane thicc boy pad thats probably twenty years old now that im guessing still works lol
I wish I knew what good pads were out there anymore, I had a Blueshark and I remember Cobalt Flux pads being good, but at the end of the day that was like 20 years ago and I have no idea what the landscape looks like these days.

Maybe I'll sideline the simrig upgrade and get a pad to play games this winter 🤔

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
i hate being in this money rut rn. im trying to save for shit and every week it seems like i run my account to under $20.
Same, I'm juuuuuuust about caught up with credit cards and this afternoon our cat's going to the vet. Worth it because animals are family, but just for a bit I'd like to not be paying off some kind of big expense I wasn't expecting/didn't plan for