Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Tire Rack is da bomb.com

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 K04 GTI
Acadia nice pfp
CSB: Ratcheting breaker bar came in... upper control arm in the way... so thats gotta come off... Lower pad carrier bolt might be able to be got now...
Wish I was working up on a lift because I could just come in from underneath, but I'm on the jack stands so I have no clearance...

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
That’s one thing I’d like to learn more about. Never played with arduinos really. Did more physical electronics. Logic gates, MOSFETS, diodes, rectifiers, PWM, clock circuits. Now it’s more PLC and field electronics. I never liked C++ programming when I took the class but I might be more open to it now.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
I did my clutch on Jack stands how much clearance do you need?

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
- Went to the golf range for some practice. Guys next to me carrying on a whole conversation stop talking as I start hitting balls with 5W and driver. Send a few balls to the stratosphere and then one of the guys interrupts me, "did that just go over the net [at the end of the range]?" feelsgoodman
i seen some reels on instagram where dudes just fuckin fire em over the net and swing the club like a baseball bat and thats that shit i wanna learn

i dont give a shit about playing a round of 18 but lemme just smash balls at the range

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
CSB: A few months ago I bought a P3 gauge used off Facebook. Couple of weeks before my surgery, it just randomly stopped working. Tried the troubleshooting tips on their website, and nada. Sent them an email asking if there's anything else I could try. I wasn't looking for any action on their end, since it was outside of warranty (purchased second hand, and a 12/22 build date), but maybe just some additional troubleshooting tips to help identify what went wrong, either the display or control module. They still said I could send it into them, they would take a look at it, and let me know what it would cost to fix. Since it was just a paperweight at that point, I took them up on it.

They said the display went bad, and they just did the repair for free and would be sending it back to me. Which was super dope of them. Got it in a couple days ago, and plugged it in today to test it. They did repair it, but unfortunately they put the red display in, when I had the blue one, since you know, R. And I can't complain since they did me a solid and repaired it for free.

So any MK7 GTI bois interested in buying a P3 gauge installed in the vent?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Nice to hear them taking care of people and putting in the superior color choice.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Nice to hear them taking care of people and putting in the superior color choice.

Oh absolutely. I was the one to say that I bought it 2nd hand and it's outside of warranty, and that I wasn't expecting them to do anything for me. Fantastic customer service. Didn't even charge me return shipping.

i love the aesthetic of the p3 gauge i just have zero use for it

That's the whole point of them. Pointless, but looks dope 🤣

cb1111

Oh absolutely. I was the one to say that I bought it 2nd hand and it's outside of warranty, and that I wasn't expecting them to do anything for me. Fantastic customer service. Didn't even charge me return shipping.

That's the whole point of them. Pointless, but looks dope 🤣
Yep. It is companies that do that, that gain customer loyalty - and it really depends on how you ask.

I gave a relative a nice little folding Megapro worklight for Christmas - I cute folding, bright underhood light thingie. I had it around for a year or so, but it still had the labels and tags. He call me two days ago, tells me it only works now when folded. I wrote the company on Thursday asking if they had any troubleshooting tips and was expecting a "so sorry, here is a 1% discount on your next purchase", but I got a nearly immediate "we no longer sell this and it is long out of warranty. We don't make that model anymore and don't have any in stock, but we'd like to send you two of the newer model. Please send us your address."

Next time I'm looking for a screwdriver, you can bet I'll be from Megapro (they are great tools).

Actually, now that I think about it, that light must have been either a freebie (buy $XX and get the light free) or I needed to add something to get "free" shipping and the light was cheaper than the shipping.

And yes, half of the stuff we buy for our cars are useless bling.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Boost gauges are lit. I almost went with a P3 but love the analog of the new south.

IMG_4245.jpeg

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Boost gauges are lit. I almost went with a P3 but love the analog of the new south.

View attachment 305247
P3 as a boost gauge defeats the whole purpose of a boost gauge. Digital numbers move too fast and you aren't able to tell at all if you're getting linear boost