GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
The history on that one seems kinda sketchy. Listed last year with 31.5k miles, then relisted over a year later after the auction place or the current dealer put 400 miles on it at 32.3k miles. That last year of carfax report is just kinda weird to me. How does a car like that even end up at an auction, why wouldn't pembrook pines audi want to sell it themselves? Not really asking that, just talking out loud.
Driven as GSM demo car and they think there’s something wrong with it and it’s not worth it for them to fix and not make money on it?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I do, however, know how to time-warp and am not above busting it out when appropriate.
Busting moves at the annual police ball?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
Maybe a celebrity was hooning in it

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Should have got that chicken club wrap from arbys with ranch instead of honey mustard.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Damn, I bought an old lens from a Japanese camera store that described it very favorably. Lots and lots of photos, lens looked to be in great condition.

I get it today and the lens barrel is loose. Turning the focus ring or the aperture ring feels like gear slop. The whole glass stack wobbles, even under just gravity. I reached out to the shop to propose a partial refund to cover repair.

Man, I usually have very good experiences with Japanese camera shops. They typically are very critical in their descriptions of used gear, but they end up being in incredibly mint condition when I receive them. Which I guess, cosmetically, this lens is in excellent condition. The glass is incredibly clear as well -- no scratches, haze, dusts or fungus. Good shape for a 40 year old lens, other than the loose barrel... hoping there are just a couple screws in there that need tightening.

Status
Not open for further replies.