GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I'm just barely out of the cone. I'm right on a river and everything on the north side of the river is in the cone. On the south side of the river we're out of the cone.
The river may still end up in your living room.

We're a few blocks from an inland lake and Michael flooded a block inland. All the houses on the shore got wrecked and 3/4 of the docks wiped away.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
The river may still end up in your living room.

We're a few blocks from an inland lake and Michael flooded a block inland. All the houses on the shore got wrecked and 3/4 of the docks wiped away.
I think we'll be alright. We took a direct hit from Irma and the water came up 4 feet or so. It was still far enough away from our house that flooding wasn't really a threat. Although the dock had been removed completely to be rebuilt. They had enough time to take out the dock and then Irma hit before they began the rebuild. Now we got 2 boats owned by the dealership on the lifts, so that's probably the biggest concern.

I was looking at the surge predictions a day or 2 ago and it seems like we're a bit protected by the islands just outside of the river. Sanibel Island and Pine Island will see a lot more surge than we will. We're also about 8 miles away from the entrance of the river.

There's been some crazy rain lately causing a lot of areas around us to flood, but the road I live on handles flooding pretty well.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I think we'll be alright. We took a direct hit from Irma and the water came up 4 feet or so. It was still far enough away from our house that flooding wasn't really a threat. Although the dock had been removed completely to be rebuilt. They had enough time to take out the dock and then Irma hit before they began the rebuild. Now we got 2 boats owned by the dealership on the lifts, so that's probably the biggest concern.

I was looking at the surge predictions a day or 2 ago and it seems like we're a bit protected by the islands just outside of the river. Sanibel Island and Pine Island will see a lot more surge than we will. We're also about 8 miles away from the entrance of the river.

There's been some crazy rain lately causing a lot of areas around us to flood, but the road I live on handles flooding pretty well.
Always nice to have a barrier island take the hit, unless your on the barrier island, but seriously, fuck those assholes, it's mostly airbnb retals now. 🤣🤣🤣

Between airbnb, equity firms, tri state escapees and retiring boomers buying up every piece of property they can, Florida's property values have skyrocketed. It's cool if you want to sell or use a line of credit, but it's driving up my property taxes for no good reason.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
I'm not some doomsday prepper or anything, but one of my criteria for home purchase was "must be at least 25ft above sea level". So even if it didn't have the same climate as Satan's asshole, most of Florida would be out for me.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I'm not some doomsday prepper or anything, but one of my criteria for home purchase was "must be at least 25ft above sea level". So even if it didn't have the same climate as Satan's asshole, most of Florida would be out for me.
I'm 5 feet above sea level. I'm fucked, but we aren't even in a designated flood zone. We have flood insurance anyways, no way we aren't going to eventually get screwed.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Always nice to have a barrier island take the hit, unless your on the barrier island, but seriously, fuck those assholes, it's mostly airbnb retals now. 🤣🤣🤣

Between airbnb, equity firms, tri state escapees and retiring boomers buying up every piece of property they can, Florida's property values have skyrocketed. It's cool if you want to sell or use a line of credit, but it's driving up my property taxes for no good reason.
can you explain to me how property values are increasing there? i just don't get it, between sea level rise inevitability and constant hurricanes, that would be the last place i ever wanna move, especially to pay out the ass for. why are you still there and not getting ahead of the mass migration of the future?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
can you explain to me how property values are increasing there? i just don't get it, between sea level rise inevitability and constant hurricanes, that would be the last place i ever wanna move, especially to pay out the ass for. why are you still there and not getting ahead of the mass migration of the future?
Supply, low.
Demand, high.
Denial, high and boomers don't care, they'll be dead before it affects them.

Does that help?

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Supply, low.
Demand, high.
Denial, high and boomers don't care, they'll be dead before it affects them.

Does that help?
yes that helps for those people, but what about smart people like yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.