GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
can you explain to me how property values are increasing there? i just don't get it, between sea level rise inevitability and constant hurricanes, that would be the last place i ever wanna move, especially to pay out the ass for. why are you still there and not getting ahead of the mass migration of the future?
By that same logic we should abandon Boston, NYC, most other major cities now. No-one should live in California because it will eventually break off. Oahu is a dead island and people should leave now.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
yes that helps for those people, but what about smart people like yourself?
I bought my house when the market was stable and got the house 50k under market value, because it had fallen out of escrow twice. Owner was original owner and his wife died, he'd already moved.

I know we're going to have issues, thus I maintain flood insurance, but even at 5 feet above sea level, we're in one of the higher and more inland areas. So far, with Ira and Michael, we had zero issues with flooding, and they caused massive flooding all over the area. First floor of the hospital I used to work a was flooded and my current hospitals ER was flooded.

At some point, we'll sell, which should be before it goes to he'll, and maybe we'll move to CT, I'm the sole inheritor to my mother's house in Fairfield. If the market holds here, we'll have $400k in equity when sell and would put that into the house in CT. It's going to need bathrooms, kitchen and central AC.

But yeah, I've thought about our exit strategy from Florida already.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
yes that helps for those people, but what about smart people like yourself?
I bought my house when the market was stable and got the house 50k under market value, because it had fallen out of escrow twice. Owner was original owner and his wife died, he'd already moved.

I know we're going to have issues, thus I maintain flood insurance, but even at 5 feet above sea level, we're in one of the higher and more inland areas. So far, with Ira and Michael, we had zero issues with flooding, and they caused massive flooding all over the area. First floor of the hospital I used to work a was flooded and my current hospitals ER was flooded.

At some point, we'll sell, which should be before it goes to hell, and maybe we'll move to CT, I'm the sole inheritor to my mother's house in Fairfield. If the market holds here, we'll have $400k in equity when sell and would put that into the house in CT. It's going to need bathrooms, kitchen and central AC. The only downside to CT is the property taxes are over $1000 month right now on the house. We pay less than half that in Floriderp, because we soak the tourists and poor people for our taxes here.

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
Settings>General>Keyboard
21867898-EE59-46BD-9D04-077B5212BBA0.jpeg

Been a member of that club since it started. Drives me bonkers. I also added Kira->Kora - still doesn’t matter. They want me crazy.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI

At some point, we'll sell, which should be before it goes to hell, and maybe we'll move to CT, I'm the sole inheritor to my mother's house in Fairfield. If the market holds here, we'll have $400k in equity when sell and would put that into the house in CT. It's going to need bathrooms, kitchen and central AC. The only downside to CT is the property taxes are over $1000 month right now on the house. We pay less than half that in Floriderp, because we soak the tourists and poor people for our taxes here.

good deal!

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.

A good captain goes down with the ship.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
By that same logic we should abandon Boston, NYC, most other major cities now. No-one should live in California because it will eventually break off. Oahu is a dead island and people should leave now.

California will never “break off”. The San Andreas is a right lateral strike slip fault up to the triple junction off Petrolia. From there north it’s the Cascadia subduction zone. So, pedantically speaking, more CA is being made.

As for Oahu, I’d be more afraid of sea level rising and storms than the rate at which the island will erode and join its friends in the Hawaiian Seamount chain.

#geologynerd

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
California will never “break off”. The San Andreas is a right lateral strike slip fault up to the triple junction off Petrolia. From there north it’s the Cascadia subduction zone. So, pedantically speaking, more CA is being made.

As for Oahu, I’d be more afraid of sea level rising and storms than the rate at which the island will erode and join its friends in the Hawaiian Seamount chain.

#geologynerd
Fun facts.

Don't tell the boys one thread over MORE California is being made.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
can you explain to me how property values are increasing there? i just don't get it, between sea level rise inevitability and constant hurricanes, that would be the last place i ever wanna move, especially to pay out the ass for. why are you still there and not getting ahead of the mass migration of the future?
Huge amounts of people don't believe any of that stuff. It's cheap as fuck in the now, and that's all that matters.

People can only understand things that effect them directly in quid pro quo form. This action yields this result. They won't accept that these actions yield X results "sometime" in the future.

People don't feel themselves getting slowly fatter. They just wake up one day 30 lbs over and don't understanding how it happened.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
I’m on iOS. It drives me nuts. I have her in my contacts, added her name to the dictionary. Keeps trying to make it Kira.

When it autocorrects and you hit the back space does it give you the option to change it back to what you originally typed?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
People don't feel themselves getting slowly fatter. They just wake up one day 30 lbs over and don't understanding how it happened.

No, no, I'm very well aware of how it happened.

It rhymes with "Paco Hell".

Status
Not open for further replies.