GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
i mean, i find it pretty hard to believe a vr6 of any kind would beat a $100k mk6? unless it was built and turbocharged?
He had some work done like mounts/suspension and sticky tires. Awd got him off the line quick and it just pulled like a train even with a slushbox.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Phur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2013 VW GTI Autobahn
View attachment 262133

also forgot something with a vr6 is also on the table.
I found a friend of mine a super clean mk4 golf with the 2.sl0w for only $300. He found a mk4 Jetta with a vr6 and manual transmission to swap into it for only 1k. He split that with a friend that wanted the interior.
He just evicted the 2.sl0w Sunday.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Couple little hurricane updates. I got my floor removed in my bedroom tonight and we removed most of the baseboards to get ready for tomorrow. Some people are staying with us that live on the beach and their neighbor or something like that is a handyman. Because we're taking care of their friends he's put us first on the list to be worked on. The guy lost all his tools in the hurricane and there's no where to buy drywall around here, so today he went to miami, bought a bunch of tools, rented a u-haul to fill it up with some drywall, and tomorrow we should be getting the walls all taken care of already. He'll cut off about a foot of drywall and replace it.

The company that our insurance hired came by a day early and tarped the roof.

Some people/person also decided to take advantage of the power being out and broke into the dealership. They busted the cash drawer in the parts department and got $100. Then they got into our accountants office and we're not sure what's missing from there yet. We don't really keep a lot of cash at the store though. The thief was also a shitty thief. My dad said there was a $100 bill sitting on the ground. Now we're paying a security company $75 an hour to sit on the lot until we get power/internet back.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
It's National Taco Day!

National Taco Day Free Tacos and Deals​

One of the great things about National Taco Day is all the freebies and great value deals that are knocking around. We’ve done a little digging and listed some for you below.

Taco Bell
If Taco Bell is your preferred Taco supplier then you’ll be pleased to know that this year they are offering a $5 Gift Set for National Taco Day this October 4. The gift set comes with two crunchy tacos and two Nacho Cheese Doritos Locos Tacos.

https://nationaltoday.com/national-taco-day/

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
Couple little hurricane updates. I got my floor removed in my bedroom tonight and we removed most of the baseboards to get ready for tomorrow. Some people are staying with us that live on the beach and their neighbor or something like that is a handyman. Because we're taking care of their friends he's put us first on the list to be worked on. The guy lost all his tools in the hurricane and there's no where to buy drywall around here, so today he went to miami, bought a bunch of tools, rented a u-haul to fill it up with some drywall, and tomorrow we should be getting the walls all taken care of already. He'll cut off about a foot of drywall and replace it.

Some people/person also decided to take advantage of the power being out and broke into the dealership. They busted the cash drawer in the parts department and got $100. Then they got into our accountants office and we're not sure what's missing from there yet. We don't really keep a lot of cash at the store though. The thief was also a shitty thief. My dad said there was a $100 bill sitting on the ground. Now we're paying a security company $75 an hour to sit on the lot until we get power/internet back.
I'm glad to hear that you are on the road to recovery. Any idea when they'll open the dealership?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I'm glad to hear that you are on the road to recovery. Any idea when they'll open the dealership?
I think once most of the street lights are working again and once we have power and internet we'll be back to work. My ETA on internet at the house is Thursday at 1:25am, but I haven't seen anything for the business yet.

We also had an employee quit yesterday. He moved down here with his family, mom and dad, and now the family is moving back to Maryland and he's going with. This was just too much, too scary, for them. He was a terrible employee for the position he was in, so I honestly got a little excited when I heard he quit. We need someone that actually knows wtf they're doing and doesn't constantly say that's not my job when that's exactly your job.

cb1111

To make the obvious comment of the day, make sure that everything is bone dry before you put up the new drywall.

I'll rent you my German Shedder for $50 per hour plus food - a cup of dry food, a steak-um and a scoop of green beans at 1400 - oh, and a tablespoon of Greek yogurt in the morning.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
To make the obvious comment of the day, make sure that everything is bone dry before you put up the new drywall.

I'll rent you my German Shedder for $50 per hour plus food - a cup of dry food, a steak-um and a scoop of green beans at 1400 - oh, and a tablespoon of Greek yogurt in the morning.
German Shedder? German Shredder? All of the above?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

How good is he at replacing drywall?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
my grandmother once found her finished basement had about an inch of water in it. took many months to have addressed. drywall was ripped off and the studs were treated after waiting a substantial amount of time to ensure everything was dry and mold free. totally sucked, cost probably 100k.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.

I think today he's just removing the drywall and then spraying the inside of the wall with some bleach. Then tomorrow he'll put up new drywall. The amount of work required to stop a little mold is freakin crazy. Some of the walls in the living room and hallway to the bedrooms have this paper shit glued to it. He can't have that stuff on the wall when he puts in new sections of drywall, so instead of just doing the bottom foot he's gotta remove the whole thing and replace it with new drywall. The walls in my bedroom are probably 70% safe and untouched by water, but I couldn't tell you what areas are safe and what aren't so I'll just have him go around the entire room and in the closet.

We got the water out so quick too. I mean we were still in the middle of the hurricane and as soon as the water started going down we had the front door open to push the water out. About 3 hours after water started trickling into the house we had 95% of it out of the house.

There's so many homes that'll have to have this done or more. Yesterday the tarp guys said they had over 100 homes to tarp that day. We were number 52.

Status
Not open for further replies.