GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Tell me you've never lived outside the US, without telling me you never lived outside the US.

I've lived and traveled all over the world, and while we have corruption in the US, it's nowhere close to the level in the vast majority of countries.
I'll raise you one...I've never even lived outside of Illinois. I don't think most people have had the opportunity to live in other countries. I'd love to experience it

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Now that we agree, grab your best 2x4 and help me fix my car
I did what I could yesterday. Did you try unplugging it and plugging it back in?

That's all I got.

On the brightside, I can always become a Tesla tech if healthcare doesn't pan out.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Visual representation of last year's corruption rankings.

Map_of_countries_by_Corruption_Perceptions_Index_(2021).svg.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Visual representation of last year's corruption rankings.

View attachment 266834

That's just what they want you to think. Of course the corrupt people measuring the corruption won't say they're corrupt. Open your eyes to the the TRUTH!

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Dunno if anyone remembers when I said I was gonna go full Karen on the tax collector until I got my way. I think it worked? This was after the hurricane hit us. The tax collector told dealers we were no longer able to drop off paperwork at any location and only downtown was an acceptable drop off location, and driving downtown is the fuckin worst. I sent a copy/paste to a bunch of dealers telling them to complain if they had an issue with it as well.

The Lee County Tax Collector Dealer Services Team would like your feedback on our new Smart Locker System. Below please find survey link that should take less than 5 minutes to complete, and we ask that you submit it by Friday, December 14th. Your experiences, thoughts and comments will help us improve our processes to best serve you.

In addition, based on feedback we have received from many of you, we are excited to announce that we will be installing our Smart Locker system at the South Office (the location I've always gone to). Soon, you will have two places to drop off dealer work with convenient 24/7 access and next day turnaround with no additional fee. More details will be shared soon.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Tell me you've never lived outside the US, without telling me you never lived outside the US.

I've lived and traveled all over the world, and while we have corruption in the US, it's nowhere close to the level in the vast majority of countries.
CSB:

I once got pulled over late at night driving in Bosnia. It was on a two lane highway just around a very sharp corner (read that not a chance in hell I was speeding or I would have ended up in someone's yard). Cop is sitting just on the other side of the corner and pulls me over.

"Do you have any idea how fast you were going?"
Around that corner? No way I was speeding!

"And your lights weren't on"
My lights are on right now, I never turned them off, it's nighttime.

(A little more forcefully since I wasn't getting it)
"And I can see you're not wearing a seatbelt"
I'm wearing my......yes I'm not wearing my seatbelt. How much is the ticket for not wearing my seatbelt?

"50 marks"
I've got 20 on me.

"That works"

People talk a lot about policing in America, but I promise you that's not a conversation I'll ever have in this country.

Edit: There is one important detail I left out that those of you who understand Balkan politics will know the significance of. This happened in Republika Srpska, I'm Bosnian.

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
CSB:

I once got pulled over late at night driving in Bosnia. It was on a two lane highway just around a very sharp corner (read that not a chance in hell I was speeding or I would have ended up in someone's yard). Cop is sitting just on the other side of the corner and pulls me over.

"Do you have any idea how fast you were going?"
Around that corner? No way I was speeding!

"And your lights weren't on"
My lights are on right now, I never turned them off, it's nighttime.

(A little more forcefully since I wasn't getting it)
"And I can see you're not wearing a seatbelt"
I'm wearing my......yes I'm not wearing my seatbelt. How much is the ticket for not wearing my seatbelt?

"50 marks"
I've got 20 on me.

"That works"

People talk a lot about policing in America, but I promise you that's not a conversation I'll ever have in this country.

In America, the cop would have just shot you for talking back to them...

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Man in India, it's common practice to give your teachers gifts. Like gold watch gifts. So you get the best grades and get to go to the best schools.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
"I'm untrained and feared for my life"
"He was being aggressive and resisted"

"Why were you trying to arrest him"

"Because he was resisting"

Reactions: WAP

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)