GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Found out we need to replace our gas fireplace. $13k

🤦‍♂️

I'll give you $500 for the 65" LG TV if you need some extra scratch to fix it.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2013 VW GTI Autobahn
tbf you've been eyeing that for how long now?

"oops i meant to buy a whole vinyl stereo system and they sent this catback i have wanted for 3+years, it would be wasteful to send this back now...."
Lady phur has a tight grip.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
come to new england and give that a try.

call me when you need to get pulled from a ditch too
I tried that in South Dakota last year. Did not end well. Drove the car 4 times in 3 months.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
My wife wanted to put up Christmas decorations 2 weeks ago. I refused, came home a few days ago and Christmas decorations were half up 😑
Wife made me put up the tree on Sunday. Too early but whatever. Did you get your car running?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Prelude is in the garage. No H22 Black Friday deals 😕

724E9416-BA79-494C-B77C-548B8215693E.jpeg

Last edited:

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
So the tree is finally up. Wife can now be at peace.

For now. Lol.
20221126_192740.jpg
20221126_192303.jpg

cb1111

Not pulling the trigger yet, by any means, but I happened upon a possible one and done solution. Fluance has paired systems, turntables and powered speakers. The turntables feature upgradable cartridges for the future.

Turntable
Speakers
I was thinking about speaker placement and a possible solution occurred to me, but I don’t know how I feel about it yet. I could make custom wall shelves and have the speakers on either side of the TV. Thoughts?
Remember that sound doesn't come straight at you, but also reflects from all surfaces, so the front left needs to mirror the location of the front right or the imaging will be off - the same with doorways, windows etc.

The closer the speakers get to the corners of the room, the more sound will be reflected

If the turntable is connected to the speakers via RCA jacks, how will the TV be connected to the speakers? Are you planning on adding a sub? What are you going to do for the center channel?

that turntable is probably fine though, and the AT cartridge is a decent budget product.

Have you thought about Sonos?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
CSB: Dinner plans were to cook chicken parmigiana for dinner. At like 6:15 my wife said "Let's go to Roger Williams Zoo to see the Christmas lights". So we did that, got back at like 8:30. Went to go cook dinner, realized we don't have any breadcrumbs. That's on my wife, since she makes the grocery list, I do the shopping. So I figure alright, I'll just cook these 4 cheese raviolis I have in the fridge. I pull them out, my wife goes "Do we have any sauce? Did you replace it?"; last Sunday when I went shopping, the bottle of spaghetti sauce broke in the shopping bag. Nope, no sauce. Don't feel like going out, so now she's eating in the last of the Thanksgiving leftovers, and I'm eating some depressing Hot Pockets I found in the freezer.

Going to follow it up with an apple pie milkshake made with our homemade apple pie though, so I have that going for me at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.