GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Mrs Mud is making Cincinnati Chili. It's cold and rainy so it's a good choice.

Now I want to go to the grocery store and get supplies to make chili.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
2 big cans of tomato sauce
1 can of fire roasted diced tomatoes
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
1 onion
1 can light red beans
1 can dark red beans
1lb ground beef
1lb sausage

about 1tbsp each (idk, I kinda wing it)
sugar
brown sugar
garlic powder
onion powder
cayenne
chili powder
cumin
basil

Optional
hot sauce
beer

Combine pretty much everything that came in cans in a crock pot (drain the beans). Chop the peppers, onions, garlic. Saute for a bit till nice and tender. Toss in the crock pot. Brown the beef and sausage. Drain the grease. Toss in the crock pot. Combine the seasonings. Toss in the crock pot. Squeeze in a few squeezes of whatever stupid hot hot sauce you have in the fridge. If you're drinking a non-fruity beer, toss a little of that in the crock pot. Cook for a bit. Top with copious amounts of cheese. Enjoy.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
Now I want to go to the grocery store and get supplies to make chili.
I stocked up on ground beef in my freezer after labor day for fall chili. Gonna be a good soup season.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
2 big cans of tomato sauce
1 can of fire roasted diced tomatoes
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
1 onion
1 can light red beans
1 can dark red beans
1lb ground beef
1lb sausage

about 1tbsp each (idk, I kinda wing it)
sugar
brown sugar
garlic powder
onion powder
cayenne
chili powder
cumin
basil

Optional
hot sauce
beer

Combine pretty much everything that came in cans in a crock pot (drain the beans). Chop the peppers, onions, garlic. Saute for a bit till nice and tender. Toss in the crock pot. Brown the beef and sausage. Drain the grease. Toss in the crock pot. Combine the seasonings. Toss in the crock pot. Squeeze in a few squeezes of whatever stupid hot hot sauce you have in the fridge. If you're drinking a non-fruity beer, toss a little of that in the crock pot. Cook for a bit. Top with copious amounts of cheese. Enjoy.
Gonna need to do a chili competition one of these days

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
When the grocery store is out of ground beef for whatever stupid reason and you have to get the hamburger patties, which is just round discs of ground beef, and listen to a bunch of people complain in the meat section that there's no ground beef...

20221004_181007.jpg

Lunch for the rest of the week (except maybe T-Bell Thursday) will be... chili.

cb1111

Problem is he only takes commands in German and I don't know any German.
Actually that is correct, but she is mostly bi-lingual now. When she was a bomb dog the commands were German, but now she answers to either German or English.

You ask "Wo ist der Hund?" and she comes be-bopping in - you ask "where is the dog?" and she does the same. She also pees on command in German.

We could probably teach her to drywall.

cb1111

Seems like the 5g on my phone is actually working now and it's not dropping the signal. 1 step closer to normalcy.
We just yelled at VZW, AT&T and T-mo this morning about getting cell service on the barrier islands. We're working with starlink right now.

One problem is that much of the fiber is damaged - either from the storm or from initial SAR or cleanup operations. We also had long talks with Lumen and Crown - the two fiber companies. One of the undersea Crown fiber runs is damaged.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
We just yelled at VZW, AT&T and T-mo this morning about getting cell service on the barrier islands. We're working with starlink right now.

One problem is that much of the fiber is damaged - either from the storm or from initial SAR or cleanup operations. We also had long talks with Lumen and Crown - the two fiber companies. One of the undersea Crown fiber runs is damaged.
Under sea to the islands or to elsewhere ?

Status
Not open for further replies.