• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Anyone got a remote desktop program to recommend?

Our computer that we use for printer sharing is being an asshole and I can't get any computers to connect to it. I was thinking I'd put a remote desktop program on all the PCs so they can just remote into the PC and print directly from it. It'd be 3 computers remoting into 1 computer, but not necessarily at the same time, just when they need to print.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
It's crazy.

View attachment 236644

You can see the tree being charred all the way up, even though the fire probably didn't get higher than ~15' up.
In your picture you can see the fire is so hot it's creating a huge updraft and blasting the upper part of the tree with super heated air.

The canopy was probably pretty close to igniting.🌲🔥

Just like many people's assholes from this thread are ...close to igniting.

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
Anyone got a remote desktop program to recommend?

Our computer that we use for printer sharing is being an asshole and I can't get any computers to connect to it. I was thinking I'd put a remote desktop program on all the PCs so they can just remote into the PC and print directly from it. It'd be 3 computers remoting into 1 computer, but not necessarily at the same time, just when they need to print.
We use TeamViewer at work for laptops and Scan Tools. Seems to work pretty well!

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
We use TeamViewer at work for laptops and Scan Tools. Seems to work pretty well!
That was the first one that popped into my head too. I'll try it eventually. Got so much going on right now I don't really have time to troubleshoot this crap. For now they'll just have to get off their asses and walk over to this computer to print.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
at my work i think we have remote desktops through some kind of workspace in Citrix. i dont really use those so can't speak to how well they work or even if it would for your particular situation.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
at my work i think we have remote desktops through some kind of workspace in Citrix. i dont really use those so can't speak to how well they work or even if it would for your particular situation.

Biggest issue with citrix is keeping servers and client on each machine in sync. In theory, should be easy. In practice, citrix has always been spotty when it comes to updating client software correctly. It's common to have to completely remove and reinstall vice updating.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
It's lunch time! I stopped at publix on my way to work to grab a turkey, bacon, ranch wrap with lettuce, tomatoes, green peppers, salt and pepper this morning. So much better than that arbys junk I eat every day for lunch.

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
It's lunch time! I stopped at publix on my way to work to grab a turkey, bacon, ranch wrap with lettuce, tomatoes, green peppers, salt and pepper this morning. So much better than that arbys junk I eat every day for lunch.
I finished up a couple slices of buffalo chicken pizza! Working on making a plan for dinner this week

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
Biggest issue with citrix is keeping servers and client on each machine in sync. In theory, should be easy. In practice, citrix has always been spotty when it comes to updating client software correctly. It's common to have to completely remove and reinstall vice updating.
yeah im not an IT guy but that makes sense based on what i have seen.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
I have a bit of a case of the Mondays. got a work call at 0320 since i was on call (until 0800 today). dragging since i didn't get back to sleep until 5:30. my pick me up has been listening to metal music on Spotify with whale noises on youtube simultaneously.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I have a bit of a case of the Mondays. got a work call at 0320 since i was on call (until 0800 today). dragging since i didn't get back to sleep until 5:30. my pick me up has been listening to metal music on Spotify with whale noises on youtube simultaneously.
I'm about ready to fall asleep at my desk too lol...Got a little bit of work to do and I gotta outside to do it. It's cold, so my motivation is low, but it needs to be done today and it's only get colder.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I'm about to go straight up nuts on the phone engineer for the project I'm working on. I know more about his job than he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.