• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
i was always a huge fan of the RPF1's! So excited to get them today. I always thought they looked so clean, tuner, and light.

Really not a fan of my current wheels, though some neuspeeds (especially the ones jay had) look great
View attachment 236966

steve-harvey-crazy.gif

Hyperblack RSE10's are probably the best looking affordable wheel for our cars.

But like I said before, if you happy, I'm happy for you ❤️

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Those would look so good on a white car.
And I haven't even tossed them on my car once to see what they'd look like. The tires are all bad except for 1 though.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Incorrect.

Heavy and ugly.

So that's 2 things.
I was just saying that there's nothing wrong with keeping the factory wheels. Lots of people do. Had you listed complaints it would have been a different response.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
A slow work day. So I want to take a moment to examine something said earlier in this thread.

CSB Lounge: Zrick Can't Save His Own Dying Thread, Has To Invade Another

WRONG. I came here to breathe life into this one. 'Show me your butthole,' 'I poop standing up...'
LOL my thread is doing just fine, thanks.

@zrickety's claim.

Is there any truth to this statement? Or is it just more fake news and BS from the man himself?

LET'S FIND OUT!!

The CSB & Scamdemic Microanalysis

Preface
I called this a 'microanalysis' because I only had the patience to look at the last 7 full days of data; Wednesday, January 19th through Tuesday, January 25th. If there was a way to extract post data and it didn't have to be done manually by hand, I think some far more interesting statistics could be derived. Alas, we are limited to the tools at hand.

The Claim
@zrickety is claiming the Cool Story Bro thread (henceforth referred to as 'CSB') is dying, by his statement of "I came here to breath life into this one". The wording "this one" is a clear reference to the CSB thread. The phrase "breathe life into" indicates a sign of something dying. At its core, it is a reference to CPR, and a method used to revive someone who has stopped breathing; i.e. dying. He goes on to claim, "my thread is doing just fine".

Method
In terms of a forum thread, what indicates a thread is dying, and what indicates a thread is doing fine? One could argue that the actual contents of the thread are what indicate if a thread is doing fine or dying, however, this is not a quantifiable measure and is purely subjective. An analysis of the post count and frequency is a far better method, as without forum users posting to a thread, it would "die" and no longer be active. This analysis looks at the posting count for each of the 7 prior days, making a note of the first post on or after 12:00am, and the last post before or on 11:59pm. With those post numbers, the first post number may be subtracted from the last number to get a count of how many posts were submitted within that 24 hour window.

The Data

1643218166995.png

1643218151551.png

Analysis

1643218347163.png

A quick glace of the data does show the CSB thread to be at a commanding lead over the Scamdemic. With a difference of 587 posts in a week period in favor of the CSB thread, is received a whopping 376% more posts in the measured period. The CSB thread received an average of 106 posts per day (PPD), where the Scamdemic had a PPD of only 22. On a daily average, CSB receives nearly 68% of the Scamdemic's weekly posts.

Conclusion
As per the usual for the Scamdemic thread, @zrickety chooses to ignore fact based data, and deduce his own conclusion that fits his personal narrative, without any actual evidence. Except, I'm sure he could probably find an unverified tweet to back up his claim.

152a08b5-7403-4066-8d66-593e9dbc4907.png

(dramatization)

The CSB thread does not need life breathed into it, and the data shows that the Scamdemic thread is not doing "fine", by any stretch of the word. While it once was a bastion of entertainment and post activity, the Scamdemic thread is now nothing but a shadow of its former self, and is in fact lacking the homeless person stamina it once had. In its heyday, the argument of a married couple could eclipse the CSB post count in a single night. But long are the days where you would sign off at 10pm, and wake up at 8am with 20 pages to catch up on. Now, you can leave the thread for a day, and barely have 20 posts to catch up on.

While it is doubtful the thread will ever truly die, with a daily post count low of 8 posts (on January 1/21/2022), it is clearly evident that in the not so distant future, it will be reduced to a single man talking to himself, while he tells himself how awesome he is and lives rent free in everybody else's head.

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
A slow work day. So I want to take a moment to examine something said earlier in this thread.

@zrickety's claim.

Is there any truth to this statement? Or is it just more fake news and BS from the man himself?

LET'S FIND OUT!!

The CSB & Scamdemic Microanalysis

Preface
I called this a 'microanalysis' because I only had the patience to look at the last 7 full days of data; Wednesday, January 19th through Tuesday, January 25th. If there was a way to extract post data and it didn't have to be done manually by hand, I think some far more interesting statistics could be derived. Alas, we are limited to the tools at hand.

The Claim
@zrickety is claiming the Cool Story Bro thread (henceforth referred to as 'CSB') is dying, by his statement of "I came here to breath life into this one". The wording "this one" is a clear reference to the CSB thread. The phrase "breathe life into" indicates a sign of something dying. At its core, it is a reference to CPR, and a method used to revive someone who has stopped breathing; i.e. dying. He goes on to claim, "my thread is doing just fine".

Method
In terms of a forum thread, what indicates a thread is dying, and what indicates a thread is doing fine? One could argue that the actual contents of the thread are what indicate if a thread is doing fine or dying, however, this is not a quantifiable measure and is purely subjective. An analysis of the post count and frequency is a far better method, as without forum users posting to a thread, it would "die" and no longer be active. This analysis looks at the posting count for each of the 7 prior days, making a note of the first post on or after 12:00am, and the last post before or on 11:59pm. With those post numbers, the first post number may be subtracted from the last number to get a count of how many posts were submitted within that 24 hour window.

The Data

View attachment 236986

View attachment 236985

Analysis

View attachment 236987

A quick glace of the data does show the CSB thread to be at a commanding lead over the Scamdemic. With a difference of 587 posts in a week period in favor of the CSB thread, is received a whopping 376% more posts in the measured period. The CSB thread received an average of 106 posts per day (PPD), where the Scamdemic had a PPD of only 22. On a daily average, CSB receives nearly 68% of the Scamdemic's weekly posts.

Conclusion
As per the usual for the Scamdemic thread, @zrickety chooses to ignore fact based data, and deduce his own conclusion that fits his personal narrative, without any actual evidence. Except, I'm sure he could probably find an unverified tweet to back up his claim.

View attachment 236988
(dramatization)

The CSB thread does not need life breathed into it, and the data shows that the Scamdemic thread is not doing "fine", by any stretch of the word. While it once was a bastion of entertainment and post activity, the Scamdemic thread is now nothing but a shadow of its former self, and is in fact lacking the homeless person stamina it once had. In its heyday, the argument of a married couple could eclipse the CSB post count in a single night. But long are the days where you would sign off at 10pm, and wake up at 8am with 20 pages to catch up on. Now, you can leave the thread for a day, and barely have 20 posts to catch up on.

While it is doubtful the thread will ever truly die, with a daily post count low of 8 posts (on January 1/21/2022), it is clearly evident that in the not so distant future, it will be reduced to a single man talking to himself, while he tells himself how awesome he is and lives rent free in everybody else's head.
I read about 5% of this, but was truly impressed by the amount of effort you put in to this.
Bravo.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I read about 5% of this, but was truly impressed by the amount of effort you put in to this.
Bravo.

So similar to my actual job. Put a bunch of effort into generating some reporting, and it just gets ignored.

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
So similar to my actual job. Put a bunch of effort into generating some reporting, and it just gets ignored.
I thought it was worthy. Of course the SCAMdemic thread's dying...it's just the same handful of myopic, gullible, sillies bandying about the same three comments: Biden sucks, liberals suck, COVID's fake. All they do is change how they say it again and again. That thread is like the Taco Bell of the forum... "Hey look, something new! It's still beef, cheese, tortillas, lettuce, and sour cream, but you've NEVER had it arranged like this before!"

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I'm killing this thread if mud posts one more uncapitalized thread title

CSB Lounge: Acadia Kills Thread With Data Nobody Bothered To Read - TLDR Please​

There is a TL;DR at the end, it's labeled "Conclusion".

Status
Not open for further replies.