GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
I almost got my rear quarter panel destroyed by some dude doing a 3 point turn in his Ram. He was creeping real slow and in the way of where I was trying to park. After I passed him I started to go behind him to get a spot and the fucker had put it in reverse. Much bacon puckering until the truck stopped moving.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
The river may still end up in your living room.

We're a few blocks from an inland lake and Michael flooded a block inland. All the houses on the shore got wrecked and 3/4 of the docks wiped away.
ill never understand why people pay extra for coastal or waterfront land in areas like this

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Nope. I need to catch it while the suggestion is up.
Yeah I find it learns best that way. It would change Greta to great for a while until I started catching it.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
ill never understand why people pay extra for coastal or waterfront land in areas like this
It is pretty. We lived on the beach in Top Sail years ago. Moved more inland after a year. Though it was pretty, the road to our house was routinely flooded, preventing us from getting home if we took the 92 GTI to work instead of my Jeep. It was a long drive and the jeep was a thirsty girl, so it stayed home most days.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion

I grew up a block from the beach in CT. Living that close to the water, it becomes part of you. It does have its hazards, though. That house I grew up in was wiped out by Sandy and had to be leveled and the lot sold off.

Unless the shit hits the fan, by this time next year I'll be living on Cape Cod. I can't afford to live anywhere near that close to the water, nor do I want to. The water is close enough no matter where you live on the Cape. 15 minute drive? Works for me.

Good luck to Sterkrazzy and anyone else on the west coast of Florida. I hope this thing fizzles out.

cb1111

I think we'll be alright. We took a direct hit from Irma and the water came up 4 feet or so. It was still far enough away from our house that flooding wasn't really a threat. Although the dock had been removed completely to be rebuilt. They had enough time to take out the dock and then Irma hit before they began the rebuild. Now we got 2 boats owned by the dealership on the lifts, so that's probably the biggest concern.

I was looking at the surge predictions a day or 2 ago and it seems like we're a bit protected by the islands just outside of the river. Sanibel Island and Pine Island will see a lot more surge than we will. We're also about 8 miles away from the entrance of the river.

There's been some crazy rain lately causing a lot of areas around us to flood, but the road I live on handles flooding pretty well.
The last briefing I heard was a 10 ft storm surge expected

Status
Not open for further replies.