GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2013 VW GTI Autobahn
In my defense I didn't ask for help because I know the forum too well lol. I'm certain I'm not going to find the answer here - Golnat asked what's wrong and I told him.
Could the WMI system be flooding it?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI

CSB2: Car Talk In OT; Jay's Car Broken, He Considers Sticking D*ck In It?​

Wow yeah

I love getting work calls at 5am when I am not on call

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
I have an eBay question. I bought a suitcase on eBay and what came today was a disgusting piece of junk that wasn't even close to what was advertised - different color, different model, different size and a far, far, different condition.

I was pissed because this couldn't have been an error - the "suitcase" he sent wasn't even an item he sold, so I immediately went to "return" and I also wrote him a message. eBay sent me a return label and the seller immediately responded with "yeah, sorry, I sent the wrong one. If you remove your claim then I'll send you the right one." I replied with "how would you like me to send the other one back?" and have gotten no response yet. .

So, if I retract my claim, can I reopen it if the seller flakes again? His response was too quick for an honest mistake - he knew he sent the wrong one long before I told him. The piece of crap I was sent would be a reject at Goodwill.

short time listener, long time ebay seller here.

eBay is stacked in favor of the customer 100% of the time. The seller did a classic bait and switch scam on you. Tell him you’ll only resolve the strike when you receive the product you were sold, in the condition advertised.

I would also state the return label needs to be in the box, or you expect a partial return of $25 to cover disposal of the trash he sent you.

At NO time should you retract your strike, don’t even mention that word. You will “resolve” it when it’s made right by the seller. Honestly, he’s banking on you just eating it.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
got home last night to no power and a tree down directly across the street.

folded clothes by candlelight and hung out for a while until like 840p when power was restored.

just glad it wasn't actually cold yesterday.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
short time listener, long time ebay seller here.

eBay is stacked in favor of the customer 100% of the time. The seller did a classic bait and switch scam on you. Tell him you’ll only resolve the strike when you receive the product you were sold, in the condition advertised.

I would also state the return label needs to be in the box, or you expect a partial return of $25 to cover disposal of the trash he sent you.

At NO time should you retract your strike, don’t even mention that word. You will “resolve” it when it’s made right by the seller. Honestly, he’s banking on you just eating it.
Also worth mentioning that resolving things outside of eBay is oversight is against the terms of service for the seller to do or suggest

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I want a gaming PC, been out of it for a long time. Any PC's worth buying out of the box these days or is it still better to build yourself?

It's like you guys and cars, talk slow to me

Hit up FB marketplace and trade a non-running project car for a gaming PC?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Chalupa mi pintos gringo!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Some guy was close to getting me the other day on a fb marketplace scam:

I am selling something.
He asks if its available. Oh boy here we go
Yes...?
Buyer asks questions that are clearly answered in the listing. But calls it 'it' instead of 'them' i.e.., 'i want to buy it' when i am selling a set of wheels.
Ok, this is borderline sketch but not too uncommon to have tards not knowing how to read a listing.
I say fuck it lets play ball.
He says he is out of town but will send his sister to pick up the item. He wishes to pay zelle.
I think internally this guy is either dumb or scamming me but he did seem sincere in ensuring the condition of the item was good. So i give him my zelle address. Knowing what a scam looks like, just in case.
He says he sent it and wants me to check. Of course. I check my zelle and dont see anything in there. I tell him, no man i didnt get it.
He says check my email there should be a delivery confirmation in there. I do and there is a fake zelle email saying i need to upgrade to a business account or something (via clicking a link in the fishing email) to get the money.
I tell him - nevermind, i got the money!' And reported him.
I know, the joke is mostly on myle if not entirely. But fuck, theres a lot of idiots out there trying buy stuff.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
got home last night to no power and a tree down directly across the street.

folded clothes by candlelight and hung out for a while until like 840p when power was restored.

just glad it wasn't actually cold yesterday.
It really was a dark and stormy night.....ours flickered a handful of times
Hit up FB marketplace and trade a real race car for a gaming PC?
ftfy (I know what I have)
Some guy was close to getting me the other day on a fb marketplace scam:
I still have a "certified bank check" from one of those scammers. He (?) even went to the trouble of sending it registered priority mail to my work address. I strung him along for a couple of weeks before he realized I was scamming him.

#victory

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Wow yeah

The sun was up in Sweden.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Aand my wife (and probably I) have covid. Made it nearly 3 years.

Minor symptoms we botht thought it was common cold im already 70% better and shes on the up and up as well. Dont pray for us please. Just hoping we didnt spread it... uggh.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma

Wow yeah

CSB2: Forum Mourns Loss Of Creativity After Ugly Fails At Unique Thread Titles And Slightly Modifies Existing Title​

wow yeah

Dude is almost as bad as mud was at thread titles

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I just want to know why you were going to stick a duck in your car?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

CSB2: Forum Mourns Loss Of Creativity After Ugly Fails At Unique Thread Titles And Slightly Modifies Existing Title​

wow yeah

Dude is almost as bad as mud was at thread titles

CSB3?

Status
Not open for further replies.