• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
That's right, and the sign of a Chinese takeout joint in a 137pop town I passed in the mountains says "best lo mein in America". People can't lie on signs.
7d68013656d4297cd189cce3b23cb8ad.jpg

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
rented a house in VT one year talking to the owner and he reccomended a Chinese place in town. I asked what the name of it was.....there was a pause and he says "There's only one street"

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Drove like a psychopath on the highway after work for some reason.

First, I encountered a Tesla doing the actual speed limit in the left lane. Of course, also an older Tahoe in the center lane who accelerated to sit right next to me after I got bogged down by the Tesla.

I tried to just back off and drop in behind the Tahoe but the second I get behind him this dude SLAMS on the brakes. So hard his entire truck waggles. Luckily I was already dropping back so I just had to stab the brake quickly to dodge it.

After that I dropped gears and dashed to the right lane. Sad to say, I then used the exit lane to pass a car in the actual right lane and then accelerated hard as I went from the right hand exit lane to the left lane and ended up in front of the Tesla.

My pal in the Tahoe ended up behind the Tesla since he decided to try and chase me but in an ironic turn he ended up stuck behind Tesla instead.

Unfortunately for me that whole thing got me really agitated so I then went on to have 2 more ridiculous moments. The first, some dude in an rs3 wanted to make it his job to stop me from moving into his lane to pass a slow mover in the left lane. Obviously his car is much faster, but he wasn't willing to take it to you don't want to know
in the 55 so I never saw him again.

Then, like 2 minutes later, a guy in a road crew vehicle honked at me as I slipped behind him and moved into an exit lane. Not even sure what I did on that last one but I did give him the finger out the window for probably a full minute as I rolled slowly down the exit ramp and he continued on the highway. He honked at me a second time from really far away which I thought was pretty funny at least.

😣

Pretty embarrassing in hindsight.

Last edited:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

First I encountered a Tesla doing the actual speed limit in the left lane. Of course, also an older Tahoe in the center lane who accelerated to sit right next to me after I got bogged down by the Tesla.

I tried to just back off and drop in behind the Tahoe but the second I get behind him this dude SLAMS on the brakes. So hard his entire truck waggles. Luckily I was already dropping back so I just had to stab the brake quickly to dodge it.

After that I dropped gears and dashed to the right lane. Sad to say, I then used the exit lane to pass a car in the actual right lane and then accelerated hard as I went from the right hand exit lane to the left lane and ended up in front of the Tesla.

My pal in the Tahoe ended up behind the Tesla since he had decided to try and chase me but in an ironic turn he ended up stuck behind Tesla instead.

Unfortunately for me that whole thing got me really agitated so I then went on to have 2 more ridiculous moments. The first, some dude in an rs3 wanted to make it his job to stop me from moving into his lane to pass a slow mover in the left lane. Obviously his car is much faster, but he wasn't willing to take it to you don't want to know

Then, like 2 minutes later, a guy in a road crew vehicle honked at me as I slipped behind him and moved into an exit lane. Not even sure what I did on that last one but I did give him the finger out the window for probably a full minute as I rolled slowly down the exit ramp and he continued on the highway. He honked at me a second time from really far away which I thought was pretty funny at least.

😣

Sounds like a normal commute to me

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude

First I encountered a Tesla doing the actual speed limit in the left lane. Of course, also an older Tahoe in the center lane who accelerated to sit right next to me after I got bogged down by the Tesla.

My pal in the Tahoe ended up behind the Tesla since he had decided to try and chase me but in an ironic turn he ended up stuck behind Tesla instead.

😣

That’s Jersey for ya.

I’m so glad I don’t highway commute anymore.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch

😣

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG

😣

Happens to the best of us, and I hate the guilt afterward as well.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP

😣

Finger through sunroof is best.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Followed by other driver shooting him. Phoenix has had over 400 road rage incidents this year and several deaths as a result.
This is actually what makes me regret these moments.

In another brilliant moment for me I had some old dude in a truck pull out [in front of me] from a side road without looking but then flip out when he saw me throw my hand up out the window.

He slammed on the brakes and immediately starts getting out of the truck. Somehow...I sort of knew this was going to happen the instant I threw my hand up so I ended up stopping way behind him. We exchanged some words, he accused me of speeding, I declined to argue so he got back in the truck.

Easily could have gone another way, for some people the fuse is always lit.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
Last time I flipped a dude off he was flying sideways across a parking lot and seemed like he might hit my car. He slammed on the brakes, opened his door and put his bird out real low(I guess so his wife didn't see) and then kept driving. It was pretty funny actually

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
This is actually what makes me regret these moments.

In another brilliant moment for me I had some old dude in a truck pull out [in front of me] from a side road without looking but then flip out when he saw me throw my hand up out the window.

He slammed on the brakes and immediately starts getting out of the truck. Somehow...I sort of knew this was going to happen the instant I threw my hand up so I ended up stopping way behind him. We exchanged some words, he accused me of speeding, I declined to argue so he got back in the truck.

Easily could have gone another way, for some people the fuse is always lit.

That happened to me once in Albuquerque. Wasn't even on the freeway, it was a 30mph arterial road. The guy almost clipped me as he blindly switched into my lane -- I had to take evasive action, wasn't one of those "well I didn't hit ya, did I?" moments. If I hadn't been paying attention, I would've been clipped. I flipped the guy off and he lost his shit. Brake check, swerve into my lane, window down and yelling, the works. He tried to slow me down to get me to stop, but I just whipped around and kept going forward. He followed me for a few blocks, but I guess he got bored or something. The closest police precinct was just another quarter mile up the road, so I would've lost him either way.

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
We had a kid get shot in town yesterday in a road rage incident on the busiest road in town. I've been pissed but never wanted to shoot someone.
Agreed. If you ever pick up a gun in anger, you shouldn't have a gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.